|Death Battle Combatant|
The Man who Broke the Bat
|Origin|| Vengeance of Bane #1|
|Appearance(s)||Venom VS Bane|
|“||When we fought before, I broke the Bat. Today, I break the man.||„|
|~ Bane to Bruce Wayne before kicking him|
Born to serve the life sentence of his father, Bane's childhood and early adult life were spent behind the walls of Peña Duro, an infamous prison located in Santa Prisca. Though imprisoned, his natural abilities allowed him to develop extraordinary skills within the prison's walls, becoming a skilled and strong combatant. The prison's controllers took note and eventually forced him to become a test subject for a mysterious drug known as Venom. Bane survived the procedure and used Venom to gain enhanced strength.
He eventually escaped and focused his efforts on defeating the Gotham vigilante known as Batman, as he was convinced that Batman was a personification of a demonic bat which had haunted his dreams since childhood. He destroyed the walls of Arkham Asylum and released the inmates, causing Batman to exhaust himself capturing the criminals once again. Bane took advantage of Batman's weakened state and broke the hero's spinal chord, becoming known as the man who "broke the bat."
Since his climactic fight, he has been a recurring villain of Batman for years.
DEATH BATTLE! Info
- Real name: N/A
- Height: 6'8"/203 cm
- Weight: 350 lbs/159 kg
- Born in Pena Duro Prison
- Favorite childhood toy: Teddy bear named Osito
- Favorite hobby: Breaking backs
- Is a big guy...for you
Powers & Abilities
- Genius intellect
- Master of several martial arts
- Combat strategist
- Venom serum
- Dramatically increases strength, durability, and healing
- Tore down stone wall w/o Venom
- Was launched hundreds of feet away unharmed
- Lifted a 27 ton armored truck
- Survived assault from SuperBat
- Survived 11 years in prison isolation
- Beat 6 villains on Venom by himself
- Swam against a 35 mph current
- Nearly killed Batman
DEATH BATTLE! Quotes
- Step aside, niños.
- No... it's something... else...
- So you fall back on cheap magic tricks, trying to disappear. Yet you don't know how to be truly invisible.
- Now, I give you permission to die.
- You're just like all the others...broken!
- No! What's happening!?
- Bane is the tenth DC character to appear, after Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor, Green Arrow, The Flash, The Joker and Doomsday, and with the next 14 being Batman Beyond, Raven, Doctor Fate, Nightwing, Darkseid, Aquaman, Shazam, Green Lantern, Lobo, Static, Black Canary, Booster Gold, Wally West and Red Hood.
- He is also the fifth DC villain to appear, after Deathstroke, Lex Luthor, The Joker and Doomsday, and with the next one being Darkseid.
- Bane is the eighth DC character to fight against a Marvel character, wonder Woman, Batman, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor, Green Arrow, The Flash and Doomsday, and with the next ten being Batman Beyond, Doctor Fate, Nightwing, Darkseid, Aquaman, Shazam, Lobo, Static, Booster Gold and Red Hood.
- He is the sixth DC character to lose, after Wonder Woman, Batman, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor and Green Arrow, and with the next two being Lobo and Red Hood.
- He is also the fourth Batman character to appear, after Batman, Deathstroke and The Joker, and with the next three being Batman Beyond, Nightwing and Red Hood.
- During his time as a boy in Peña Duro, Bane was often referred to by other inmates as "Niño". However, this is not his first real name but merely the Spanish word for "boy".
- Bane once beat the immortal Ra's al Ghul in a chess game. He is one of two people to have ever done this, the other being The Joker.
- Bane is the first Hispanic character to appear, with the next two being Spider-Man 2099 and Miles Morales.
- Bane is the second combatant to get killed by a liquid, after Charizard.