This article is about Terry McGinnis. For the other hero named Batman, see Batman
|Death Battle Combatant|
The Batman of the Future
|Origin|| Batman Beyond|
|Appearance(s)||Batman Beyond VS Spider-Man 2099|
|“||We can do this the easy way or the hard way. Here's a tip, the hard way isn't fun.||„|
|~ Terry McGinnis|
Terrence "Terry" McGinnis, AKA Batman, is a superhero from DC Comics. To differentiate him from his main universe counterpart, he is commonly reffered to as Batman Beyond. He appeared in the 86th episode of DEATH BATTLE!, Batman Beyond VS Spider-Man 2099, where he fought against Spider-Man 2099 from Marvel Comics.
As part of a venture by Amanda Waller called the Project Batman Beyond, Terry's DNA structure was created by the DNA of Bruce Wayne as a form to keep the legacy of Batman alive should Bruce retire or die.
When Terry was 16, he met an elderly Bruce Wayne while running away from Jokerz, and accidentally found out Bruce's past life as Batman. He then discovered that his father, Warren McGinnis was murdered by Mister Fixx, Derek Powers right-hand man, and in a rage, stole the last Batsuit that Bruce made years ago. After some distrust, Bruce agreed to let Terry keep the suit, and Terry became the new Batman for New Gotham City.
DEATH BATTLE! Info
- Full name: Terrence McGinnis
- Height: 5'10" | 177 cm
- Weight: 170 lbs | 77 kg
- Hometown: Gotham City
- Former gang member
- Engaged to Dana Tan
- Trained by Bruce Wayne, Kairi Tanaga, Dick Grayson.
- Enhanced strength
- Enhanced speed
- Ballistic protection
- Cutting laser
- Forearm grappling guns
- Electro shock system
- Retractable claws
- Buzzsaw belt buckle
- Extendable spikes
- Environmental hazard resistance
- Binocular vision
- Infrared vision
- Ultraviolet vision
- Smoke pellets
- Explosive pellets
- Knockout gas pellets
- Handheld grappling gun
- Flash bangs
- Age: Likely 60+ years
- Height: 6'2"/190 cm
- Weight: 210 lbs/95.3 kg
- Developed the new Batsuit
- Master of all known martial arts
- Decades of experience
- Justice League co-founder
- The goddamn Batman!
- Lifted 215,000 lbs boulder
- Survived giant penny crushing
- Rescued the Justice League
- Survived heavy dose of radiation
- Faster than a Mach 19 missile
- Defeated Shriek, Stalker, Superman, Goliath, and the Justice Lords
- Ended the Joker threat once and for all
DEATH BATTLE! Quotes
Note: Bruce Wayne's quotes are highlighted in Bold.
- "McGinnis! Keep an eye out. I've been seeing some odd reports regarding this part of the city."
- "Hey bozo, I was brooding there!"
- "He's too comfortable in the air! Try a different approach."
- "Get to ground level."
- "Something's trying to hack your suit. Our new friend, no doubt."
- "Get in close and finish this quick!"
- "No prob!"
- "Aaand problem solved."
- "I guess that's one way to do it..."
- Batman Beyond is the 11th DC character to appear, after Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor, Green Arrow, The Flash, The Joker, Doomsday and Bane, with the next 13 being Raven, Doctor Fate, Nightwing, Darkseid, Aquaman, Shazam, Green Lantern, Lobo, Static, Black Canary, Booster Gold, Wally West and Red Hood.
- He is also the ninth DC character that faces a Marvel character, after Wonder Woman, Batman, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor, Green Arrow, The Flash, Doomsday and Bane, and with the next nine being Doctor Fate, Nightwing, Darkseid, Aquaman, Shazam, Lobo, Static, Booster Gold and Red Hood.
- He is also the seventh DC character to win, after Superman, Batman, The Flash, The Joker, Doomsday and Wonder Woman, and with the next 11 being Raven, Doctor Fate, Nightwing, Darkseid, Aquaman, Shazam, Green Lantern, Static, Black Canary, Booster Gold and Wally West.
- He is also the fifth Batman character to appear, after Batman, Deathstroke, The Joker and Bane, and with the next two being Nightwing and Red Hood.
- He is the first Batman character to defeat a Spider-Man character.
- Batman Beyond is the third Cartoon character to fight against a Comic Book character, after Goliath and Pinkie Pie, and with the next three being Twilight Sparkle, Ben Tennyson and She-Ra.
- Batman Beyond is the second combatant voiced by Stephen Fu, after Dante.
- Batman Beyond is the first DC character to have started off in a cartoon, rather than a traditional comic book.