|Death Battle Combatant|
The Shellfish Pokémon
|Origin|| Pokémon Red and Green|
|Appearance(s)|| Pokémon Battle Royale
Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro (cameo)
They prioritize offense and defense in favor of speed, prefering to shoot Hydro Pumps at enemies from afar with their extremely powerful water jets on each shoulder and prefering to simply retreat into their very durable shell rather than dodging incoming attacks.
DEATH BATTLE! Info
- Species: Shellfish Pokémon
- Type: Water
- Height: 5'3"
- Weight: 189 lbs.
- Natural Habitat: Lakes & Islands
- Personality: Stubborn, Solitary, Warrior Mentality
- HP: 268 (Average)
- Attack: 171 (Below Average)
- Defense: 205 (Above Average)
- Sp. Attack: 215 (Average)
- Sp. Defense: 193 (Above Average)
- Speed: 161 (Average)
- Tail Whip
- Iron Defense (drastically increases Defense stat)
- Rapid Spin (can clear ground hazards, like spikes)
- Protect (shields from all attacks)
- Flash Cannon
- Skull Bash (requires time to charge up power)
- Water Gun
- Water Pulse (may confuse target)
- Aqua Tail
- Bubble (may lower target's speed)
- Rain Dance (creates rainfall, which increases water moves by 50%)
- Hydro Pump (ultra-powerful water cannon with 80% hit rate; can punch through steel)
Pros & Cons
- Effective Against: Steel, Fire, Water, Ice
- Weak Against: Grass & Electric
- Pro: Great Defensive Potential
- Pro: Can shoot through steel
- Con: Lacks options for attacks
- Con: Not very fast or mobile
Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro
The Pokémon Battle Royale was briefly seen in Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro when the two martial artists clashed.
- Blastoise is the second Battle Royale champion, after Leonardo, and with the next one being MegaMan.EXE.
- Blastoise and its two opponents are the sixth to eighth combatants that are both a species and an individual, after Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Yoshi, Pikachu and The Terminator, and with the next four being Agumon, Lucario, Renamon and Machamp.
- Blastoise and its two opponents are the 12th to 14th Nintendo characters to appear, after Samus Aran, Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Yoshi, Mario, Princess Zelda, Princess Peach, Link, Pikachu, Fox McCloud and Luigi, and with the next 12 being Kirby, Donkey Kong, Red, Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Lucario, Pit, Wario, King Dedede, Captain Falcon and Machamp.
- It is the sixth Nintendo character to win, after Samus Aran, Yoshi, Princess Peach, Link and Fox McCloud, and with the next nine being Kirby, Donkey Kong, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Lucario, Mario, King Dedede, Captain Falcon and Machamp.
- It and its two opponents are the second to fourth Pokémon characters to appear, after Pikachu, and with the next four being Red, Mewtwo, Lucario and Machamp.
- It and one of its opponents are the third and fourth Nintendo characters who are not playable in the Super Smash Bros. series, after Goomba and Koopa Troopa, and with the next one being Machamp.
- Blastoise is the second combatant to stun its opponent by choking them in the neck before finishing them off, after Fox McCloud and with the next one being Superman.
- Blastoise is the sixth turtle to appear, after Koopa Troopa, Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo and Raphael, and with the next two being Gamera and Bowser.
- It is the second Turtle to win, after Leonardo.
- Blastoise is the first winner to roar in victory, followed by Godzilla, Goliath, Donkey Kong, Doomsday and Mechagodzilla.