|Death Battle Combatant|
The Flame Pokémon
|Origin|| Pokémon Red and Green|
|Appearance(s)|| Pokémon Battle Royale |
Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro (cameo)
Pokémon VS Digimon
Charizard is a creature from the Pokémon series. It appeared in the 33rd episode of DEATH BATTLE!, the Pokémon Battle Royale, where it fought against fellow Starter Pokémon Venusaur and Blastoise. It returned alongside its trainer Red for the 57th episode and Season 2 Finale, Pokémon VS Digimon, where it fought against Agumon and his tamer Tai from the Digimon series.
Charizard is the final evolution of the Kanto starter Pokémon, Charmander. Based off of their Pokédex entries, these Pokémon are the warrior type. From the skies, they search for powerful opponents to face, but have a sense of honor as well and won't harm those who are weaker than it. However, they have been known to have a nasty temper, and when angered they won't hesitate to burn everything around them down to the ground.
DEATH BATTLE! Info (Pokémon Battle Royale)
- Species: Flame Pokémon
- Type: Fire & Flying
- Height: 1.7 m / 5'07"
- Weight: 90.5 kg / 199.5 Ilbs
- Natural Habitat: Mountains, Valleys
- Personality: Aggressive, Prideful, Warrior Mentality
- HP: 266 - Average
- Attack: 173 - Below average
- Defense: 161 - Below Average
- Sp. Attack: 223 - Above Average
- Sp. Defense: 175 - Average
- Speed: 205 - Above Average
- Dragon Rage
- Dragon Claw
- Shadow Claw (Ghost-type move with increased Critical-hit chance)
- Air Slash
- Wing Attack
- Fire Fang
- Heat Wave
- Fire Spin (Traps target in vortex of flame)
- Flare Blitz (Powerful flaming tackle, deals 33% recoil damage)
- Flame Burst (Burns surrounding area, hits multiple targets)
- Flamethrower (Powerful flame stream, May burn target, Can melt boulders)
Pros & Cons
- Effective against: Grass, Bug, Steel, Fire, Fighting, Fairy
- Weak against: Rock, Water, Electric
- Pro: Great speed & maneuverability
- Pro: Immune to ground-type attacks
- Con: Frail defense
- Con: Difficult to raise & control
DEATH BATTLE! Info! (Pokémon VS Digimon)
- Height: 5'07" / 170 cm
- Weight: 199.5 lbs / 90.5 kg
- Type: Fire/Flying
- Ability: Blaze
- Boosts Fire attacks while at low health
- Held item: Charizardite X
- Mega Punch
- Mega Kick
- Seismic Toss
- Fire Spin
- Fire Blast
- Blast Burn
- Wing Attack
- Air Slash
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Rock Smash
- Triple Finish
- Flare Blitz
Mega Charizard X
- Height: 5'07" / 170 cm
- Weight: 243.6 lbs / 110.5 kg
- Type: Fire/Dragon
- New Ability: Tough Claws
- Increases power of contact moves by 33%
- Requires Charizardite X
- Attack +46, Defense +33, Sp. Attack +21
- Powerful enough to combat legendary Pokémon
- Defeated a wild Mewtwo
- Can lift a golem which weighs over 600 lbs / 300 kg
- Defeated Blue's Blastoise despite type disadvantage
- Ash's Charizard defeated Noland's Articuno
- Fire can reach temperatures over 2,100 Fahrenheit / 1,149 Celsius
- Survived battling Entei & Primal Groudon
Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro
- Charizard and its first two opponents are the 12th to 14th Nintendo characters to appear, after Samus Aran, Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Yoshi, Mario, Princess Zelda, Princess Peach, Link, Pikachu, Fox McCloud and Luigi, and with the next 12 being Kirby, Donkey Kong, Red, Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Lucario, Pit, Wario, King Dedede, Captain Falcon and Machamp.
- It and its first two opponents are the second to fourth Pokémon characters to appear, after Pikachu, and with the next three being Red, Mewtwo, Lucario and Machamp.
- It and one of its first opponents are the seventh and eighth Nintendo characters to lose, after Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Mario, Princess Zelda, Pikachu and Luigi, and with the next five being Red, Bowser, Pit, Wario and Ganondorf.
- Charizard seems to be Boomstick's favorite of the trio, as he said that he "would so ride one of those into battle" and seemed rather upset after the fight saying, "CHARIZARD! NOOO!!!"
- Charizard and its first two opponents are the sixth to eighth combatants that are both a species and an individual, after Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Yoshi, Pikachu and The Terminator, and with the next four being Agumon, Lucario, Renamon and Machamp.
- Charizard is the seventh combatant to return, after Leonardo, Batman, Boba Fett, Samus Aran, Son Goku and Superman, and with the next 14 being Shadow the Hedgehog, Deadpool, Metal Sonic, Thor, Wonder Woman, Ryu, Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, Captain Marvel, Tommy Oliver, Ganondorf, Red Ranger and Venom.
- It is the fourth returning loser, after Batman, Boba Fett and Son Goku, and with the next eight being Shadow the Hedgehog, Wonder Woman, Ryu, Mario, Mega Man, Captain Marvel, Tommy Oliver and Red Ranger.
- It is the second Nintendo character to return, after Samus Aran, and with the next two being Mario and Ganondorf.
- It is the second combatant who appeared twice in the same season, after Leonardo.
- It is the second combatant to be featured in both a Battle Royale and a 1-v-1 match, after Leonardo, and with the next one being Mega Man.
- Charizard's moveset in Pokémon VS Digimon was based on Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Smash Bros. (3DS & Wii U), Red's moveset that he taught him in GSC, HGSS, BW2, Origins and Alain's Charizard.
- Charizard is the third combatant with a 2D sprite and 3D model, after Boba Fett and Samus Aran, and with the next five being Deadpool, Thor, Wonder Woman, Ryu, Ganondorf and Red Ranger.
- However, it is the first character to appear in both sprite form and 3D form in the same season.
- Charizard and Mega Charizard X's models are from Pokémon X and Y or Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.
- Charizard and its trainer, Red, are the final combatants to lose in Season 2.
- Though Charizard ultimately lost both of its fights, it was successful in killing Venusaur before Blastoise killed it and defeating Greymon before Agumon digivolved into WarGreymon.