|Death Battle Combatant|
The Flame Pokémon
|Appearance(s)|| Pokémon Battle Royale |
Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro (cameo)
Pokémon VS Digimon
|“||Charizard, the Flame Pokémon. When competing in intense battles, Charizard's flame becomes more intense as well.||„|
|~ Ash's Unova Pokédex|
Charizard is a creature from the Pokémon series. It appeared in the 33rd episode of Death Battle, the Pokémon Battle Royale, where it fought against fellow Starter Pokémon Venusaur and Blastoise. It reappeared again alongside its trainer Red in the 57th episode and Season 2 Finale of Death Battle, Pokémon VS Digimon, where it fought against Agumon and his tamer Tai from the Digimon series.
Charizard is the final evolution of the Kanto starter Pokémon, Charmander. Based off of their Pokédex entries, these Pokémon are the warrior type. From the skies, they search for powerful opponents to face, but have a sense of honor as well and won't harm those who are weaker than it. However, they have been known to have a nasty temper, and when angered they won't hesitate to burn everything around them down to the ground.
Death Battle Info (Pokémon Battle Royale)
- Species: Flame Pokémon
- Type: Fire & Flying
- Height: 1.7 m / 5'07"
- Weight: 90.5 kg / 199.5 Ilbs
- Natural Habitat: Mountains, Valleys
- Personality: Aggressive, Prideful, Warrior Mentality
- HP: 266 - Average
- Attack: 173 - Below average
- Defense: 161 - Below Average
- Sp. Attack: 223 - Above Average
- Sp. Defense: 175 - Average
- Speed: 205 - Above Average
- Dragon Rage
- Dragon Claw
- Shadow Claw (Ghost-type move with increased Critical-hit chance)
- Air Slash
- Wing Attack
- Fire Fang
- Heat Wave
- Fire Spin (Traps target in vortex of flame)
- Flare Blitz (Powerful flaming tackle, deals 33% recoil damage)
- Flame Burst (Burns surrounding area, hits multiple targets)
- Flamethrower (Powerful flame stream, May burn target, Can melt boulders)
Pros & Cons
- Effective against: Grass, Bug, Steel, Fire, Fighting, Fairy
- Weak against: Rock, Water, Electric
- Pro: Great speed & maneuverability
- Pro: Immune to ground-type attacks
- Con: Frail defense
- Con: Difficult to raise & control
Death Battle Info (Pokémon VS Digimon)
- Height: 5'07" / 170 cm
- Weight: 199.5 lbs / 90.5 kg
- Type: Fire/Flying
- Ability: Blaze
- Boosts Fire attacks while at low health
- Held item: Charizardite X
- Mega Punch
- Mega Kick
- Seismic Toss
- Fire Spin
- Fire Blast
- Blast Burn
- Wing Attack
- Air Slash
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Rock Smash
- Triple Finish
- Flare Blitz
Mega Charizard X
- Height: 5'07" / 170 cm
- Weight: 243.6 lbs / 110.5 kg
- Type: Fire/Dragon
- New Ability: Tough Claws
- Increases power of contact moves by 33%
- Requires Charizardite X
- Attack +46, Defense +33, Sp. Attack +21
- Powerful enough to combat legendary Pokémon
- Defeated a wild Mewtwo
- Can lift a golem which weighs over 600 lbs / 300 kg
- Defeated Blue's Blastoise despite type disadvantage
- Ash's Charizard defeated Noland's Articuno
- Fire can reach temperatures over 2,100 Fahrenheit / 1,149 Celsius
- Survived battling Entei & Primal Groudon
Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro
- Charizard and its first two opponents are the 12th, 13th and 14th Nintendo characters in Death Battle, after Samus Aran, Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Yoshi, Mario, Princess Zelda, Princess Peach, Link, Pikachu, Fox McCloud and Luigi, and with the next eight being Kirby, Donkey Kong, Red, Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Lucario and Pit.
- Charizard is the second Death Battle combatant to be stunned through choking before being finished off, the first was Bucky O'Hare, and the third was Son Goku.
- Charizard seems to be Boomstick's favorite of the trio, as he said that he "would so ride one of those into battle" and seemed rather upset after the fight saying, "CHARIZARD! NOOO!!!"
- Charizard is one of the few combatants who is both a species and an individual. The others are Yoshi, Pikachu, The Terminator, Venusaur, Blastoise, Agumon, Lucario and Renamon.
- Charizard is the seventh combatant to return for another episode after appearing in an earlier episode (this time under the ownership of Red), after Leonardo, Batman, Boba Fett, Samus Aran, Son Goku and Superman, and with the next eight being Shadow the Hedgehog, Deadpool, Metal Sonic, Thor, Wonder Woman, Ryu, Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog.
- It is the third combatant to lose twice, after Boba Fett and Son Goku, and with the next two being Shadow the Hedgehog and Batman.
- It is also the second Nintendo character to return to Death Battle, after Samus Aran, and with the next one being Mario.
- It is also the second combatant who appeared twice in the same season, after Leonardo.
- It is also the second combatant to be featured in both a Battle Royale and a 1-v-1 match, after Leonardo, however he is the first loser of a Battle Royale to return in another episode.
- Charizard's moveset in Pokémon VS Digimon was based on Super Smash Bros Brawl, Super Smash Bros. (3DS & Wii U), Red's moveset that he taught him in GSC, HGSS, BW2 and Origins and Alain's Charizard.
- Charizard is the third combatant with a 2D sprite and 3D model. The first two were Boba Fett and Samus Aran, and with the next four being Deadpool, Thor, Wonder Woman and Ryu.
- However, it is the first character to appear in both sprite form and 3D form in the same season.
- Charizard and Mega Charizard X's models are from Pokémon X and Y or Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.
- Charizard and its trainer, Red, are the final combatants to lose in Season 2.
- Though Charizard ultimately lost both of its Death Battles, it was successful in killing Venusaur before Blastoise killed it and defeating Greymon before Agumon digivolved into WarGreymon.