|Death Battle Combatant|
The Monster Who Killed Superman
|Origin|| Superman: The Man of Steel #18|
|Appearance(s)|| Hulk VS Doomsday|
Deadpool VS Pinkie Pie (cameo)
|“||I live to kill you.||„|
|~ Doomsday to Superman|
Originally known as "The Ultimate", Doomsday was born in prehistoric times on Krypton, long before the humanoid Kryptonian race gained dominance. In a cruel experiment involving evolution, intended to create the perfect living being, the alien scientist Bertron released a humanoid infant onto the surface of the planet, where he was promptly killed by the harsh environment. The baby's remains were collected and used to clone a stronger version over and over for decades as a form of accelerated natural evolution. The agony of these repeated deaths was recorded in his genes, driving the creature to hate all life.
The Ultimate escaped Krypton via a ship that regularly arrived to deliver supplies to Bertron (who had wanted little contact with the planet's natives) and went on a killing spree across several planets. Later known as the "Doomsday," he mysteriously bashed his way out of a metallic holding cell miles underground, dug his way up, and began senselessly killing and destroying everything he saw. Doomsday landed on Earth to kill everyone in Metropolis and in the process, killed one of the most iconic heroes of all time, Superman, in an intense battle to the death.
DEATH BATTLE! Info
- Classified "The Ultimate Lifeform"
- Height: 8'10'' | 269 cm
- Weight: 914 lbs | 415 kg
- Created through rapidly-accelerated evolution
- Once temporarily gained sentience
- Huggability level: Cactus
Powers & Abilities
- Immense strength
- Superhuman durability
- Rapid healing factor
- Quickly adapts to his foe's attacks
- If killed, will revive immune to cause of death
- Survived Darkseid's Omega Beams
- Battled Gogs for 100 nonstop years
- Survived a one million nuke equivalent explosion
- Defeated the Justice League
- Can tunnel through the center of the Earth
- Defeated the Green Lanterns & Darkseid
- "Killed" Superman
Deadpool VS Pinkie Pie
Doomsday makes a small cameo alongside The Hulk and Doctor Strange during Deadpool VS Pinkie Pie, after Deadpool and Pinkie Pie entered YouTube, as they can be seen in the thumbnail for the second episode of DEATH BATTLE! Cast "Hulk & Doomsday Get Strange".
Doomsday appeared in Season 2 of DBX, where he fought Broly from the Dragon Ball series and won.
- Doomsday is the ninth DC character to appear, after Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor, Green Arrow, The Flash and The Joker, and with the next 13 being Bane, Batman Beyond, Raven, Doctor Fate, Nightwing, Darkseid, Aquaman, Shazam, Green Lantern, Lobo, Static, Black Canary and Booster Gold.
- He is the seventh DC character to fight against a Marvel character, after Wonder Woman, Batman, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor, Green Arrow, The Flash and with the next ten being Bane, Batman Beyond, Doctor Fate, Nightwing, Darkseid, Aquaman, Shazam, Lobo, Static and Booster Gold.
- He is the fourth DC villain to appear, after Deathstroke, Lex Luthor and The Joker and with the next two being Bane and Darkseid.
- He is the third Superman character to appear, after Superman and Lex Luthor, and with the next one being Darkseid.
- He is the fifth DC combatant to win, after Superman, Batman, The Flash and The Joker, and with the next 12 being Wonder Woman, Batman Beyond, Raven, Doctor Fate, Nightwing, Darkseid, Aquaman, Shazam, Green Lantern, Static, Black Canary and Booster Gold.
- Doomsday is the second antagonist to kill a protagonist, after The Joker, and with the next one being Esdeath.
- He is also the first villain to defeat a hero in the series, with the next one being Esdeath.
- Doomsday's model comes from the 2013 fighting game, Injustice: Gods Among Us.
- Doomsday is the fifth winner to roar in victory, after Blastoise, Godzilla, Goliath and Donkey Kong, and with the next one being Mechagodzilla.
- Statistically, he's the most resilient combatant, as anything that kills him before won't work on him again and being adaptive to anything he encounters.