|Death Battle Combatant|
The Guardian of Sector 2814
|Origin|| Showcase #22|
|Appearance(s)||Ben 10 VS Green Lantern|
|“|| In brightest day, in blackest night,|
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!
|~ Green Lantern|
Harold "Hal" Jordan, AKA Green Lantern, is a superhero from DC Comics. He appeared in the 109th episode of DEATH BATTLE!, Ben 10 VS Green Lantern, where he fought against Ben Tennyson from the Ben 10 series.
Hal Jordan was born in Coast City, California, his father being a U.S. Air Force test pilot and Hal's role model in life. Unfortunately, his father died during a disastrous flight test, traumatizing the young Hal.
On his 18th birthday, Hal joined the Air Force and became a pilot, living up to his father's memory, and he continued to serve of his country until one fateful day when he discovered a dying alien named Abin Sur. He was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, an intergalactic defense force dedicated to protecting planets organized by sectors, and he needed to pass his Green Lantern Power Ring; a symbol of his authority and source of superhuman abilities, onto one with extraordinary willpower.
Sensing Hal's remarkable will and bravery, the Ring chose him, making Hal the acting Green Lantern of Sector 2814, and in time, Hal would become a founding member of the Justice League, working alongside other heroes to defend Earth and beyond from universal threats.
DEATH BATTLE! Info
- Full name: Harold “Hal” Jordan
- Height: 187.9 cm | 6’2”
- Weight: 84.4 kg | 186 lbs.
- Hometown: Coast City
- Green Lantern of Sector 2814
- Served in the Korean War
- Former traveling toy salesman
- Once went mad and killed everyone
- AKA Green Lantern Ring
- Creates constructs out of willpower
- Grants numerous powers:
- Flight & space travel
- Force fields
- Energy Blasts
- Mind control
- Matter manipulation
- Time travel
- Energy Absorption
- Contained the U-Bomb
- Probed the entire universe in a heartbeat
- Withstood the magnetic force of the universe
- Punched Sinestro hard enough to shatter reality
- Has tagged the Flash and Zoom
- Defeated Sinestro, Parallax, Nekron, and Krona
DEATH BATTLE! Quotes
- Hello! Green Lantern, best looking guardian of Sector 2814, at your service.
- Sorry kid, seems you‘re carrying a Class A galactic super weapon.
- I'll just take this.
- Okay, that's interesting.
- Lights out, Punchy!
- Come on kid! Let's stop this before it gets heated.
- Several, actually, I-
- I don't care what kind of power you've got!
- In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might beware my power...
- Green Lantern's light!
- I don't care what kind of pow-
- Time, huh? Thanks for the tip!
- Ew, I stepped in loser.
- Ugh, it hurts to laugh...
- ...Don't ask...
- Green Lantern is the 18th DC character to appear, after Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor, Green Arrow, The Flash, The Joker, Doomsday, Bane, Batman Beyond, Raven, Doctor Fate, Nightwing, Darkseid, Aquaman and Shazam, and with the next six being Lobo, Static, Black Canary, Booster Gold, Wally West and Red Hood.
- He is the fourth DC character to fight against a non-Marvel character, after Superman, The Joker and Raven, and with the next three being Black Canary, Wonder Woman and Wally West.
- He is the 14th DC character to win, after Superman, Batman, The Flash, The Joker, Doomsday, Wonder Woman, Batman Beyond, Raven, Doctor Fate, Nightwing, Darkseid, Aquaman and Shazam, and with the next four being Static, Black Canary, Booster Gold and Wally West.
- Green Lantern is the fifth Comic Book character to fight against a Cartoon character, after Beast, Deadpool, Spider-Man 2099 and Raven, and with the next one being Wonder Woman.