|Death Battle Combatant|
The Stardust Crusader
|Origin|| JoJo's Bizarre Adventure|
Ch.114 "Jotaro Kujo, Part 1"
|Appearance(s)||Jotaro VS Kenshiro|
Jotaro Kujo is one of the main protagonists of the JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure series. He appeared in the 90th episode of DEATH BATTLE!, Jotaro VS Kenshiro, where he fought against Kenshiro from the Fist of the North Star series.
Jotaro Kujo is the 3rd starring member of the Joestar lineage, predated by the fallen Jonathan Joestar and his grandfather Joseph Joestar. He grew up as a normal young man until the age of 17, where he was imprisoned for injuring a few gang members. Believing that his power could not stretch to that level so suddenly, he went under the belief that he had been possessed by an evil spirit, and would not leave the prison even after his time was complete, saying that this "evil spirit" was too dangerous for the outside world, and showcasing this by showing the police various items that he had obtained and, most notably, stealing the officer's gun and shooting himself with it, only for the bullet to stop right before his head.
However, this would change when his mother Holy would call upon his grandfather Joseph Joestar (along with his friend Muhammad Avdol) to get him out. Reuniting, the two revealed to him that they had similar spirits and that they were known as stands.
Finally leaving the cell, he was informed that Jonathan Joestar's ruthless vampire brother Dio Brando had returned, sporting his brother's body. Later on, after meeting another stand user named Noriaki Kakyoin, his mother Holy would end up gaining a stand - but being too weak to utilize it, it became a disease, slowly killing her. The group came to the conclusion that they would have to travel to Egypt and kill Dio in order to save her. Leaving her with the Speedwagon Foundation, they set off on their journey.
DEATH BATTLE! Info
- Full Name: Jotaro Kujo
- Height: 6'4" | 1.95 m
- Weight: 181 lbs | 82 kg
- Age: 40
- Profession: Marine Biologist
- The 3rd JoJo
- Father to Jolyne Cujoh
- Fan of Columbo
- Super Strength
- Super Speed
- Super Precision
- Enhanced Vision
- Star Fingers
- Time Stop
- Talented Photorealistic Artist
- Caught bullets in mid-air
- Shattered a stone ceiling
- Matched Silver Chariot's relativistic speeds
- Crushed diamond strength rocks (1.1 Mt/ft^2)
- Punched a great white shark out of the water
- Removed a parasitic brain implant better than a surgeon
- Defeated Silver Chariot, Killer Queen, Dio & the World
One Minute Melee
Jotaro appeared in Season 2 of One Minute Melee, where he fought against his DEATH BATTLE! opponent, Kenshiro, and won.
He later makes a cameo in Yu Narukami VS Polnareff, where he is rescued from Polnareff (possessed by Anubis) by Persona protagonist Yu Narukami.
Jotaro appeared in Season 1 of DBX, where he fought against Yu Narukami from the Persona series and won.
- Jotaro and his opponent are the 11th and 12th Shueisha characters to appear, after Vegeta, Son Goku, Majin Buu, Gaara, Hercule Satan, Roronoa Zoro, Portgas D. Ace, Android 18, Naruto Uzumaki and Ichigo Kurosaki, and with the next 12 being Lucy, Master Roshi, Jiraiya, Sasuke Uchiha, Hiei, Tatsumaki, All Might, Might Guy, Genos, Kakashi Hatake, Beerus and Shoto Todoroki.
- Jotaro reuses sprites from the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure arcade game released by Capcom in DEATH BATTLE!, but the sprites for him (and Star Platinum) are recolored to match their appearance in the JoJo anime.
- Jotaro's voice clips are from the game JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven.
- However, instead of Jotaro's Part 3 voice clips being used, Part 4 is heard.
- Jotaro and his opponent are the fourth and fifth combatants to speak in another language other than English, after Mai Shiranui, Sol Badguy and Segata Sanshiro, and with the next one being Akane Yashiro.