|Death Battle Combatant|
The Pink Puffball
|Origin|| Kirby's Dream Land|
|Appearance(s)||Kirby VS Majin Buu|
|~ Kirby arriving to Dreamland|
A thousand years ago, the star warriors have defended the universe from the infamous and powerful Nightmare. However, most of them ended up dying, leaving only two left. The heroic Meta Knight, who fought in the war and barely made it out with his life, and our famous pink hero, Kirby, who avoided the entire war in a star spaceship, and crash-landed on the planet Popstar. Kirby has fought and battled enemies and protected Dreamland from disasters such as Nightmare, Necrodeous, Yin-Yarn, and the large army of Dark Matter, as well as his arch-enemy, the cruel and lazy King Dedede, who is not as threatening as the previously mentioned villains. Kirby is famously known for inhaling his enemies and copying their abilities. He also uses his Warp Star for transportation, which can move faster than light, though he can fly on his own for long periods of time.
Kirby's feats are amazing, but he does have some flaws, such as how he is very young and impulsive. He has endangered Dream Land twice by attacking King Dedede and Meta Knight because, in the former's case, he didn't listen to Dedede, and in the latter's because he was hungry. He is also an unintelligent baby and has to train with Meta Knight to mature as a warrior.
DEATH BATTLE! Info
- Age: Unknown, 200 years pre-maturity
- Height: 8 in/20 cm
- Weight: Likely under 10 oz/283 g
- Species: Unknown
- Infant-like and cheerful demeanor
- A Star Warrior
- Citizen of Dream Land
Strengths and Feats
- Cracked Planet Popstar in half
- Punched a hole through the Earth
- Threw Popon to the sun
- Obliterated Popstar in manga
- Destroyed Nova, who is planet-sized
- Defeated Nightmare and Dark Matter
- Redirected a meteor using simple cannonballs
One Minute Melee
Kirby appeared in Season 3 of One Minute Melee, where he fought Pac-Man from the series of the same name and won.
- Kirby is currently the smallest combatant on the show, being only about 8 inches tall.
- Kirby is the third combatant to send their opponent into the sun, after Son Goku and Thor, and with the next two being Segata Sanshiro and Thanos.
- Kirby is the 15th Nintendo character to appear, after Samus Aran, Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Yoshi, Mario, Princess Zelda, Princess Peach, Link, Pikachu, Fox McCloud, Luigi, Venusaur, Blastoise and Charizard, and with the next eleven being Donkey Kong, Red, Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Lucario, Pit, Wario, King Dedede, Captain Falcon and Machamp.
- He is the first Kirby character to appear, with the next one being King Dedede.
- He is also the seventh Nintendo character to win, after Samus Aran, Yoshi, Princess Peach, Link, Fox McCloud and Blastoise, and with the next eight being Donkey Kong, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Lucario, Mario, King Dedede, Captain Falcon and Machamp.
- Kirby currently holds what host Ben Singer considers the most ridiculous feat in DEATH BATTLE! history, as he threw a monster 30 times his size, on a frying pan, all the way to the sun and back, with the monster being cooked into food.
- Kirby's opponent was originally going to be Ditto from the Pokémon series, which was a matchup requested by the audience at a convention. However, the showrunners quickly realised that this would be an uneven matchup in favour of Kirby after partial research was done. An eating contest between Kirby, Goku, Luffy, and Snorlax was also considered, but it was decided that such a unique episode would require more time invested in the research and animation than allowed for at the time. Ultimately, Kirby’s opponent was changed to Majin Buu at the last minute for a more even matchup. Jigglypuff was also a common request among fans.