|Death Battle Combatant|
The Whimsical Italian Plumber
|Origin|| Donkey Kong|
|Appearance(s)|| Mario VS Sonic (2011)|
Mario VS Sonic (2018)
|“||Here we go!||„|
|~ Mario after collecting a Power Star|
Mario is the main protagonist of the Super Mario series. He appeared in the 13th episode of DEATH BATTLE!, Mario VS Sonic, as well as the revisit in the 100th episode, where he fought against Sonic the Hedgehog from the series of the same name.
Mario was born as one of the seven Star Children destined for greatness. He and his little brother, Luigi, eventually found jobs in New Donk City as humble plumbers, until they somehow wound up in the Mushroom Kingdom. The brothers soon learned that the kingdom had been conquered by the notorious Koopa Troop and its ruler, Princess Peach, had been kidnapped the evil Koopa King, Bowser. Being the Good Samaritans they are, the Mario Brothers eventually saved the kingdom, defeated Bowser, and rescued the princess.
DEATH BATTLE! Info (Mario VS Sonic (2011))
- Height: 5'1"
- Can Jump Over 20 Feet
- High Stamina
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Skilled Combatant
- Grants Pyrokinesis
- Can Create & Manipulate Fire
- Bouncing Fireballs
- Ends After Absorbing 1 Deadly Blow
- Increases Jump Height
- Increases Swimming Speed
- Can Breathe Underwater
- Resists Water Currents for Better Control
- Looks Absolutely Ridiculous!
- Wears a Yellow Cape
- Can Fly for Unprecedented Amounts of Time
- Can Deflect Projectiles
- Razor-Sharp Edge
- Becomes Living Metal
- Nearly Indestructible
- Incredibly Heavy
- Power Increase
- Speed and Maneuverability Remain Unchanged
- Increases Speed
- Instantly Kills Foes
- Short Time Limit
- Stored in Mario's Pocket
- Can Crush Practically Anything
- Smaller Hammers can be Thrown
- Mario Grows Giant
- Can Smash Through Almost Any Obstacle
- Lasts for a Short Time
DEATH BATTLE! Info (Mario VS Sonic (2018))
- Height: 5'1" | 155 cm
- Weight: ≈ 200 lb | 90.7 kg
- Species: Homo-nintendonus
- Age: 24
- Versatile multi-talented fighter
- Appears in 362 games
- Qualified jobs: Carpenter, plumber, doctor, umpire, chef, brewer, soldier, pilot, submarine captain, animal trainer, NBA player, baseball player, stunt biker, artist, toy maker, theme park owner, referee, rapper
Arsenal & Abilities
- Ultra Jump
- Super Jump Punch
- Ultra Hammer
- Bottomless Gloves
- Lazy Shell
- Super Mushroom
- Increases height & power
- Boo Mushroom
- Mega Mushroom
- Increases size by 10 times
- Ice Flower
- Gold Flower
- Superball Flower
- Super Bell & Lucky Bell
- Transforms him into a cat
- Tanooki Suit
- Grants flight & an indestructible stone form
- Vanish Cap
- Makes him invisible
- Frog Suit
- Metal Cap
- Wing Cap
- Cape Feather
- Earlier Times
- Retry Clock
- Double Cherry
- Creates a perfect duplicate of Mario
- Rainbow Star
- Restrained a 5,731 ton Chain Chomp
- Crushed buildings as Mega Mario
- Lifted & punted Larry's castle
- Became Sensei of Jinx's dojo
- Quick enough to run up walls
- Piloted the Star Driver at Mach 375
- Survived a 2.4 megaton explosion
- Defeated Bowser, Wario, Donkey Kong, Cackletta, & Smithy
One Minute Melee
Mario appeared in the Season 1 Finale of Death Race, where he competed in his Standard Kart from the Mario Kart series against Captain Falcon in his Blue Falcon from the F-Zero series, his DEATH BATTLE! opponent Sonic the Hedgehog in his Speed Star, Doc Brown in his DeLorean from the Back to the Future series, Takumi Fujiwara in his Toyota AE86 from the Initial D series, and a Scout Trooper on a Speeder Bike from the Star Wars series.
Mario killed the Scout Trooper and sent Sonic flying at the beginning of the race by blasting them off the track with a Bullet Bill. He ends up being the third racer eliminated from the race after a Bob-omb he tossed at Sonic is sent back at him from the Barrel Cannon, which then blows him up and sends him flying off the track.
DEATH BATTLE! Quotes
Mario VS Sonic (2018)
- Hmm? Hello? That's-a mine!
- Let's-a go.
- Oh, Mama Mia...
- So long-a, hedgehog!
- Wahoo! I'm the winner!
- Mario is the fifth Nintendo character to appear, after Samus Aran, Goomba, Koopa Troopa and Yoshi, and with the next 21 being Princess Zelda, Princess Peach, Link, Pikachu, Fox McCloud, Luigi, Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Red, Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Lucario, Pit, Wario, King Dedede, Captain Falcon and Machamp.
- He is the third Nintendo character to lose, after Goomba and Koopa Troopa, and with the next ten being Princess Zelda, Pikachu, Luigi, Venusaur, Charizard, Red, Bowser, Pit, Wario and Ganondorf.
- He is the 12th Nintendo character to win, after Samus Aran, Yoshi, Princess Peach, Link, Fox McCloud, Blastoise, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Ganondorf, Mewtwo and Lucario, and with the next three being King Dedede, Captain Falcon and Machamp.
- He is the first Nintendo character with a Sega opponent, with the next three being Luigi, Donkey Kong and Mewtwo.
- He is the fourth Super Mario character to appear, after Goomba, Koopa Troopa and Yoshi, and with the next five being Princess Peach, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Bowser and Wario.
- Mario is the first combatant who didn't receive a voice actor while their opponent did, with original clips by Charles Martinet from previous games being used for Mario. The next four characters who didn't receive a voice actor are Dr. Wily (and technically Bass), Doomsday, Lucario and Crash Bandicoot.
- Mario and his opponent are the 14th and 15th returning combatants, after Leonardo, Batman, Boba Fett, Samus Aran, Son Goku, Superman, Charizard, Shadow the Hedgehog, Deadpool, Metal Sonic, Thor, Wonder Woman and Ryu, and with the next six being Mega Man, Captain Marvel, Tommy Oliver, Ganondorf, Red Ranger and Venom.
- He is the seventh returning loser, after Batman, Boba Fett, Son Goku, Charizard, Shadow the Hedgehog, Wonder Woman and Ryu, and with the next five being Mega Man, Captain Marvel, Tommy Oliver, Red Ranger and Sonic the Hedgehog.
- He is the third Nintendo character to return, after Samus Aran and Charizard, and with the next one being Ganondorf.
- He is the first loser to win against the same opponent they lost to.
- The sprite used for Mario in Mario VS Sonic (2011) was taken from an early build of Super Smash Flash 2, specifically v0.9. However, the Frog Mario sprite was taken from Super Mario All-Stars: Super Mario Bros. 3 for the SNES.
- Mario, along with his brother Luigi, are the first combatants to not die in DBX.
- Mario is the fourth character to have a win, loss, and a tie, after Ryu, Deadpool and Lucario, and with the next four being Sephiroth, Vergil, Kenshiro and Sasuke Uchiha.
- Mario and his opponent are the third pair of combatants to fight against each other three times, after Akuma & Kenpachi Zaraki and Sephiroth & Vergil, and with the next pair being Frieza and Mewtwo.
- Mario and his opponent are the first two combatants to have a sprite and traditionally animated appearances in DEATH BATTLE!, with the next being Deadpool.
- Mario is the second combatant to be voiced by Kamran Nikhad, after Sephiroth.