|Death Battle Combatant|
The Whimsical Italian Plumber
|Appearance(s)|| Mario VS Sonic (2011) |
Mario VS Sonic (2018)
|“||Here we go!||„|
|~ Mario after collecting a Star|
Mario is the main protagonist of the Super Mario series. He appeared in the 13th episode of Death Battle, Mario VS Sonic, as well as the revisit in the 100th episode, where he fought against Sonic the Hedgehog from the series of the same name. In his second appearance, he is voiced by Kamran Nikhad.
Mario was one of the Star Children who would grow up to do phenomenal tasks. He's a plumber, but often is forced to defend the Mushroom Kingdom from the tyrannical Bowser and rescue Princess Peach with the help of occasional allies like his steed Yoshi and his brother Luigi.
Death Battle Info (Mario VS Sonic (2011))
- Height: 5'1"
- Can Jump Over 20 Feet
- High Stamina
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Skilled Combatant
- Grants Pyrokinesis
- Can Create & Manipulate Fire
- Bouncing Fireballs
- Ends After Absorbing 1 Deadly Blow
- Increases Jump Height
- Increases Swimming Speed
- Can Breathe Underwater
- Resists Water Currents for Better Control
- Looks Absolutely Ridiculous!
- Wears a Yellow Cape
- Can Fly for Unprecedented Amounts of Time
- Can Deflect Projectiles
- Razor-Sharp Edge
- Becomes Living Metal
- Nearly Indestructible
- Incredibly Heavy
- Power Increase
- Speed and Maneuverability Remain Unchanged
- Increases Speed
- Instantly Kills Foes
- Short Time Limit
- Stored in Mario's Pocket
- Can Crush Practically Anything
- Smaller Hammers can be Thrown
- Mario Grows Giant
- Can Smash Through Almost Any Obstacle
- Lasts for a Short Time
Death Battle Info (Mario VS Sonic (2018))
- Height: 5'1" | 155 cm
- Weight: ≈ 200 lb | 90.7 kg
- Species: Homo-nintendonus
- Age: 24
- Versatile multi-talented fighter
- Appears in 362 games
- Qualified jobs: Carpenter, plumber, doctor, umpire, chef, brewer, soldier, pilot, submarine captain, animal trainer, NBA player, baseball player, stunt biker, artist, toy maker, theme park owner, referee, rapper
Arsenal & Abilities
- Ultra Jump
- Super Jump Punch
- Ultra Hammer
- Bottomless Gloves
- Lazy Shell
- Super Mushroom
- Increases height & power
- Boo Mushroom
- Mega Mushroom
- Increases size by 10 times
- Ice Flower
- Gold Flower
- Superball Flower
- Super Bell & Lucky Bell
- Transforms him into a cat
- Tanooki Suit
- Grants flight & an indestructible stone form
- Vanish Cap
- Makes him invisible
- Frog Suit
- Metal Cap
- Wing Cap
- Cape Feather
- Earlier Times
- Retry Clock
- Double Cherry
- Creates a perfect duplicate of Mario
- Rainbow Star
- Restrained a 5,731 ton Chain Chomp
- Crushed buildings as Mega Mario
- Lifted & punted Larry's castle
- Became Sensei of Jinx's dojo
- Quick enough to run up walls
- Piloted the Star Driver at Mach 375
- Survived a 2.4 megaton explosion
- Defeated Bowser, Wario, Donkey Kong, Cackletta, & Smithy
Death Battle Quotes
Mario VS Sonic (2018)
- Hmm? Hello? That's-a mine!
- Let's-a go.
- Oh, Mamma mia...
- So long-a, hedgehog!
- Wahoo! I'm the winner!
One Minute Melee
Prior to that, Mario made cameos in Bowser VS Mecha Sonic (this one was the Super Mario Bros. Z version) and Goomba VS Waddle Dee.
- Mario is the fourth Super Mario character in Death Battle, after Goomba, Koopa Troopa and Yoshi, and with the next four being Princess Peach, Luigi, Donkey Kong and Bowser.
- Mario is the fifth Nintendo character in Death Battle, after Samus Aran, Goomba, Koopa Troopa and Yoshi, and with the next 17 being Princess Zelda, Princess Peach, Link, Pikachu, Fox McCloud, Luigi, Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Red, Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Lucario and Pit.
- He is the third (technically first, if the tie is not counted) Nintendo character to lose, after Goomba and Koopa Troopa, with the next eight being Princess Zelda, Pikachu, Luigi, Venusaur, Charizard, Red, Bowser and Pit.
- Due to his second appearance, he is the twelfth Nintendo character to win, after Samus Aran, Yoshi, Princess Peach, Link, Fox McCloud, Blastoise, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, and Lucario.
- Mario is the first character in Death Battle who didn't receive a voice actor while their opponent did, with original clips by Charles Martinet from previous games being used for Mario. The next four characters who didn't receive a voice actor are Dr. Wily (and technically Bass), Doomsday, Lucario and Crash Bandicoot.
- Mario and his opponent are the 14th and 15th returning combatants in the series, after Leonardo, Batman, Boba Fett, Samus Aran, Son Goku, Superman, Charizard, Shadow the Hedgehog, Deadpool, Metal Sonic, Thor, Wonder Woman and Ryu.
- He is the seventh Death Battle loser to return, after Batman, Boba Fett, Son Goku, Charizard, Shadow the Hedgehog, Wonder Woman and Ryu.
- He is the fourth Death Battle loser to win, after Batman, Wonder Woman and Ryu.
- He is the third Nintendo character to return, after Samus Aran and Charizard.
- He is the first Death Battle loser to win against the same opponent they lost to.
- Mario's sprite was from the fan-made Super Smash Flash 2.
- Mario, along with his brother Luigi, are the first combatants to not die in DBX.
- Mario is the fourth character to have a win, loss, and a tie, after Ryu, Deadpool and Lucario, and with the next three being Sephiroth, Vergil and Kenshiro.
- Mario and his opponent are the eighth pair of combatants to fight against each other in both Death Battle and One Minute Melee, after Deadpool & Deathstroke, Hercule Satan & Dan Hibiki, Green Arrow & Hawkeye, Vegeta & Shadow, Natsu Dragneel & Portgas D. Ace, Lucario & Renamon and Luigi & Tails, and with the next five pairs being Sephiroth & Vergil, Jotaro Kujo & Kenshiro, Ryu & Jin Kazama, Link & Cloud Strife and Ken Masters & Terry Bogard.
- Mario and his opponent are the third pair of combatants to fight against each other three times, after Akuma & Kenpachi Zaraki and Sephiroth & Vergil.
- Mario is the second combatant to be voiced by Kamran Nikhad, the first being Sephiroth.
- Mario and his opponent are the first two combatants to have a sprite and traditionally animated appearances in Death Battle.