|Death Battle Combatant|
The Hedgehog Destroyer
|Origin|| Sonic CD|
|Appearance(s)|| Eggman VS Wily|
Metal Sonic VS Zero
|“||All living things kneel before your master!||„|
|~ Metal Sonic|
Metal Sonic is an antagonist from the Sonic the Hedgehog series. He appeared in the 19th episode of DEATH BATTLE!, Eggman VS Wily, where he and Dr. Eggman fought against Dr. Wily and Bass from the Mega Man series. He returned for the 79th episode, Metal Sonic VS Zero, where he fought against Zero from the Mega Man X series. In his first appearance, he was voiced by Caden Redpearl.
While venturing through the mysterious Little Planet with Amy Rose on his tail, Sonic the Hedgehog came across a robotic doppelgänger of himself created by Dr. Eggman called "Metal Sonic", who was specifically designed to be better than the Blue Blur in every way. When they first met, Metal Sonic kidnapped Amy, prompting Sonic to give chase. After a race against Sonic on Stardust Speedway, Metal Sonic was defeated and Amy was saved. In the years that followed after his initial defeat, Metal Sonic would go on to prove himself as one of Sonic's greatest adversaries, either while working for Eggman or by his lonesome.
DEATH BATTLE! Info (Eggman VS Wily)
- Top Speed: Mach 5
- 255 cc 4 Valve Fusion Engine
- Max Output - 55ps/600rpm
- Max Torque - 7.54 kg-m/4000rpm
- Sonic's Abilities
- Black Shield
- Chest Laser
- Maximum Overdrive
- Scan & Copy Ability
DEATH BATTLE! Info (Metal Sonic VS Zero)
- Height: 3'3" | 100 cm
- Weight: 275.4 lbs | 125.2 kg
- Built to surpass Sonic
- Main CPU: LIPS AI Eggman Custom Chip
- Main Engine: 255 cc, 4 Valve Orgon Fusion Engine
- Max Output: 6800rpm
- Max Torque: 4000rpm
- Drives an ATV
- Chest laser
- Maximum Overdrive
- Black Shield
- Ring Spark Field
- Spin Attack
- Top Speed: 26,844 mph | 43,201 km/hr
- Created a 200 kiloton explosion
- Overlord form matches Super Sonic
- Conquered the Eggman Empire
- Survived atmospheric re-entry
- Blocked Chaos Spear & ESP
- Competed in the Olympics
- Over 40 feet tall
- Can shapeshift & fire lightning
- Metal Madness
- Missiles, flamethrowers, regeneration
- Metal Overlord
- Flight, crystal projectiles
- Can lift and throw airships
One Minute Melee
Metal Sonic appears in Season 2 of One Minute Melee, where he 'fought' Bowser Jr. from the Super Mario series. However, immediately after the battle starts, Mecha Sonic lunges at him from behind and proceeds to rip him apart. Mecha Sonic then fights Bowser Jr. in Metal's stead.
Metal Sonic appeared in Season 4 of DBX, where he fought against Mega Man from the series of the same name and lost.
DEATH BATTLE! Quote
- Kneel before your master!
- Metal Sonic was crowned the winner of Eggman VS Wily due to him destroying both Eggman and Wily, and their armies.
- This would make Metal Sonic the only victor who was not listed as a direct combatant, as he, along with all of Eggman's other robots, were treated as a part of Eggman's arsenal.
- Metal Sonic is the tenth combatant to return, after Leonardo, Batman, Boba Fett, Samus Aran, Son Goku, Superman, Charizard, Shadow the Hedgehog and Deadpool, and with the next nine being Thor, Wonder Woman, Ryu, Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, Captain Marvel, Tommy Oliver, Ganondorf and Red Ranger.
- He is also the second returning villain, after Boba Fett, and with the next one being Ganondorf.
- He is also the second combatant from the Sonic series to return, after Shadow the Hedgehog, and with the next one being Sonic the Hedgehog.
- He is also the fifth winner to return, after Leonardo, Samus Aran, Superman and Deadpool, and with the next five being Thor, Batman, Sonic the Hedgehog, Ganondorf and Wonder Woman.
- He is, however, the first returning combatant to have initially been part of a main combatant's arsenal in a previous episode.
- He is also the first returning combatant that had a voice actor to not receive one in their second appearance.
- He is the first returning victor to lose, with the next six being Thor, Batman, Sonic the Hedgehog, Ganondorf, Deadpool and Leonardo.
- He is the second character to have both won and lost, after Batman, and with the next nine being Thor, Wonder Woman, Ryu, Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog, Ganondorf, Deadpool, Leonardo and Red Ranger.
- He is also the fifth returning combatant to lose, after Boba Fett, Son Goku, Charizard and Shadow the Hedgehog, and the next nine being Thor, Batman, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, Captain Marvel, Tommy Oliver, Ganondorf, Deadpool and Leonardo.
- Metal Sonic is the fourth Sega character to appear, after Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog and Dr. Eggman, and with the next six being Tails, Segata Sanshiro, Knuckles the Echidna, Bayonetta, Amy Rose and Mitsuru Kirijo.
- Metal Sonic alongside his opponent Zero are (so far) the only combatants that have 2D Sprites and 3D Models in the same battle.