|Death Battle Combatant|
The Genetic Pokémon
|Origin|| Pokémon Red and Green|
|Appearance(s)||Mewtwo VS Shadow|
|“||I was not born a Pokémon, I was created. And my creators have used and betrayed me. So, I stand alone!||„|
Mewtwo is a creature from the Pokémon series. It appeared in the 63rd episode of DEATH BATTLE!, Mewtwo VS Shadow, where it fought against Shadow the Hedgehog from the Sonic the Hedgehog series. It was voiced by Chris Niosi (Kirbopher).
Mewtwo was the result of a horrific DNA scientific experiment by Team Rocket's top scientist. Designed from an embryo of a pregnant Mew, Mewtwo was created to become the world's strongest Pokémon; however, Mewtwo turned on its creators and murdered everyone in the lab, making its escape. As a living creature, Mewtwo has a savage heart, and because of its altered genetics, all it can think about is defeating anything in its way; regardless of Pokémon or human.
DEATH BATTLE! Info
- Height: 6'07" | 200.6 cm
- Weight: 269 lbs | 122kg
- Type: Psychic
- Birthday: February 6
- Cloned from Mew's DNA
- Enjoys racing bird Pokémon
- Appears on real world currency
- Heals 50% of maximum health
- Hyper Beam
- Requires a brief rest after use
- Heals 50% of maximum health
- Renders one of the foe's moves unusable
- Prevents status ailments
- Psych Up
- Copies and changes made to opponent's stats.
- Increases defense
Mega Mewtwo Y
- Height: 4'11" | 150 cm
- Weight: 72.8 lbs | 33 kg
- Type: Psychic
- Increases attack, special attack, special defense & speed.
- Flew in space
- Defeated Deoxys, Articuno, & Giovanni
- Halted Tree of Life's descent to sun
- Created a planet-destroying storm
- Teleported a 92 billion gallon lake
- Caught Aerodactyl's Hyper Beam
- Erased dozens of memories at once
- Sliced a building in half with a spoon
Vegeta VS Mewtwo?
Mewtwo unofficially appeared in a joke battle, where it "fought" against Vegeta from the Dragon Ball series. However, instead of actually fighting each other, both just ended up destroying Silvermania HQ and decided to drink a beer together.
One Minute Melee
Mewtwo appeared in Season 1 of One Minute Melee, where it fought against Frieza from the Dragon Ball series and lost.
It later made a cameo appearance in a Shadaloo Test Tube in M. Bison VS God Rugal.
It reappeared in Season 5, where it fought against Frieza again and lost yet again.
Mewtwo appeared in Season 4 of DBX, where it fought against Frieza from the Dragon Ball series and lost.
DEATH BATTLE! Quotes
- You are not welcome here, leave this place.
- I know not its name, but it is black, red, and very annoying.
- Another gem? What's he doing?
- I must know!
- Not this time...
- Mewtwo is the 20th Nintendo character to appear, after Samus Aran, Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Yoshi, Mario, Princess Zelda, Princess Peach, Link, Pikachu, Fox McCloud, Luigi, Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Red, Bowser and Ganondorf, and with the next six being Lucario, Pit, Wario, King Dedede, Captain Falcon and Machamp.
- It is the tenth Nintendo character to win, after Samus Aran, Yoshi, Princess Peach, Link, Fox McCloud, Blastoise, Kirby, Donkey Kong and Ganondorf, and with the next five being Lucario, Mario, King Dedede, Captain Falcon and Machamp.
- It is the sixth Pokémon character to appear, after Pikachu, Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard and Red, and with the next two being Lucario and Machamp.
- It is the fourth Nintendo character to fight against a Sega character, after Mario, Luigi and Donkey Kong.
- Mewtwo is the ninth combatant to return to One Minute Melee, after Akuma, Bowser, Mecha Sonic, Batman, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sephiroth, Vergil and Vegeta, and with the next eight being Link, Zero, Terry Bogard, Ken Masters, Ryu, Sasuke Uchiha, Genos and Kakashi Hatake.
- Mewtwo is the first genderless combatant to appear.
- Fans mostly pitted Mewtwo against Frieza (Dragon Ball Z) and Silver (Sonic the Hedgehog) but was pitted against Shadow instead. Ben Singer made a chart of why Mewtwo was pitted against Shadow and not Frieza or Silver.
- Although Mewtwo did fight Frieza twice in One Minute Melee and once in DBX.
- It was then later brought up in DEATH BATTLE! Cast episode: Another Pony... Really?, where Ben explains more why he didn't choose Mewtwo VS Frieza.
- Mewtwo is the fourth combatant to fight against a returning combatant, after Zitz, Captain America and Agumon, and with the next 17 being Pinkie Pie, Zero, Thor, Wonder Woman, Black Panther, Jin Kazama, Mega Man X, Mega Man Volnutt, MegaMan.EXE, Star Force Mega Man, Shazam, Akane Yashiro, Dracula, The Mask, Leonardo, Red Ranger and She-Ra.
- Mewtwo and Frieza are the fourth pair of fighters to have fought against each other three times, after Akuma & Kenpachi Zaraki, Sephiroth & Vergil and Mario & Sonic the Hedgehog.