|Death Battle Combatant|
The First Robin
|Origin|| Dick Grayson: Detective Comics #38|
Nightwing: Tales of the Teen Titans #44
|Appearance(s)||Nightwing VS Daredevil|
|“||Who do I think I am? Good question, really, and I'll answer like this: I've seen too much to be Robin, but I'm still too optimistic to be Batman. I'm Nightwing. I'm Officer Dick Grayson. I'm Barbara's boyfriend, Bruce Wayne's adopted son, and the last living member of the Amazing Flying Graysons. I'm happy.||„|
As a boy, Dick Grayson was a trapeze performer along with his parents as the "Flying Graysons". However, he tragically lost his parents when a gangster sabotaged his parents' trapeze wires. Now an orphan, Dick was adopted by Bruce Wayne, and when he learned that the latter was Batman, he became Robin, the Boy Wonder, and sidekick to Batman.
As Dick grew older, he started to resent the title of the Boy Wonder, and eventually parted ways with Bruce. Traveling to Bludhaven, Dick became his own superhero, Nightwing, and became the protector of that city, while occasionally coming back to Gotham to support Batman.
Death Battle Info
- Name: Richard "Dick" Grayson
- Height: 5'10" | 178 cm
- Weight: 175 lbs. | 79.4 kg
- Age: 22
- Batman's original Robin
- Former agent of Spyral
- Led the Teen Titans & Young Justice
- Likes buckwheat pancakes & redheads
- Expert acrobat
- Peak human physique
- Mastered over 10 martial arts
- Detective Training
- Escapology expert
- Stealth mastery
- Firearms expertise
- Computer hacking
- Triple-weave Kevlar suit
- Domino Mask
- GPS, thermal vision, electromagnetic wave scanner
- Domino Mask
- 10,000-volt electric shock
- Fire & electric resistant
- Stores gadgets in compartments
- Eskrima sticks
- 50,000-volt tasers.
- Wing Dings
- Smoke pellets, grapple gun, lockpicks, wrist darts
- Dodged a gunshot at point-blank range
- Punched through a brick wall
- Survived a 140-foot fall
- Patrolled for 96+ hours w/no sleep
- Considered "the world's greatest acrobat"
- Performed a 25-mile freefall
- Defeated Ra's Al Ghul, Blockbuster, Jason Todd, and Deathstroke
The Burt Ward version of Robin appeared in the series premiere of Death Race, where he drove alongside the Adam West Batman in their Batmobile and won. During the race, he launched a "Bat-Nuke" that destroyed the Arkham Batmobile.
Death Battle Quotes
- Oooh, I'm shaking in my boots. Especially looking at the Prince of Darkness. But that case is part of an investigation I've been working. So why don't you hand it over, and I'll get out of your horns?
- Is that a no then?
- What the-
- What are you?
- Me too.
- Hah, See you in hell.
- Nightwing and his opponent are the first combatants to be done in live-action, with the next four being Deadpool, The Mask, Winter Soldier and Red Hood
- Prior to the episode, Danny Shepherd previously portrayed Dick Grayson in Ismahawk's Nightwing: The Series, a live-action Nightwing fan series.
- Nightwing is the 14th DC character to appear, after Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor, Green Arrow, The Flash, The Joker, Doomsday, Bane, Batman Beyond, Raven and Doctor Fate, and with the next ten being Darkseid, Aquaman, Shazam, Green Lantern, Lobo, Static, Black Canary, Booster Gold, Wally West and Red Hood.
- Nightwing is the 11th DC character to fight against a Marvel character, after Wonder Woman, Batman, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor, Green Arrow, The Flash, Doomsday, Bane, Batman Beyond, Doctor Fate, and with the next seven being Darkseid, Aquaman, Shazam, Lobo, Static, Booster Gold and Red Hood.
- He is also the sixth Batman character to appear, after Batman, Deathstroke, The Joker, Bane and Batman Beyond, and with the next one being Red Hood.
- He is also the third Teen Titans character to appear, after Deathstroke and Raven, and with the one being Wally West.
- He is also the tenth DC character to win, after Superman, Batman, The Flash, The Joker, Doomsday, Wonder Woman, Batman Beyond, Raven and Doctor Fate, and with the next eight being Darkseid, Aquaman, Shazam, Green Lantern, Static, Black Canary, Booster Gold and Wally West.