This article is about the Raiden from the Mortal Kombat series. For the Raiden from Metal Gear, see Raiden
|Death Battle Combatant|
The Defender of Earthrealm
|Origin|| Mortal Kombat|
|Appearance(s)||Thor VS Raiden|
|“||I am of truth and light. I protect Earthrealm.||„|
Raiden is the protector of Earthrealm and serves as the world's God of Thunder. When he isn't allowed to interfere with Mortal Kombat tournaments, he recruits other warriors who are as willing to risk their life as much as he is.
Death Battle Info
- Full Name: Lord Raiden
- Height: 7'
- Weight: 350 Lbs.
- Age: Eternal
- Protector of Earthrealm
- Martial arts mastery
- Jujitsu, Nan Chuan, Judo, & Taekwondo
- Lightning Shots
- Vicinity Blast
- Shocking Touch
- Electric Fly
- Electric Slide
- Ethereal energy composition
- Weather manipulation
- Electricity manipulation
- Healing powers
- Eventually reincarnated after death
- Most powerful Mortal Kombatant
- Held off limitless-power Kano
- Has mastered 750 varieties of Jujitsu
- Was the last man standing against the Deadly Alliance
- Defeated the Houan
- Can channel electricity through wood
Comparison to Thor
- Smarter, but much weaker
- Immune to Electricity
- More Fighting Experience
- Less Extreme Survival Experience
- Relies on electrical attacks, which were useless
- Stronger, tougher, and faster
- Immune to electricity
- Does not solely rely on electrical attacks
- Mjolnir is ridiculously powerful
- Arrogance only prolonged the fight
- Consistently defeats Loki, who is clever like Raiden
Raiden makes a cameo in the Ryu VS Liu Kang DBX. When Ryu gains the upper hand on Liu Kang, Raiden strikes the fallen warrior with lightning to transform him into Zombie Liu Kang in an attempt to turn the fight around.
- Raiden is the second Mortal Kombat character in Death Battle, after Shang Tsung, and with the following five being Shao Kahn, Sektor, Scorpion, Sonya Blade and Sub-Zero.
- Raiden is the first combatant to be thrown at the sun, with the next four being Superman, Majin Buu, Chuck Norris and Darkseid.
- Raiden is the first non-DC combatant to face a Marvel combatant, with the next eight being Goliath, Darth Vader, Raiden, Pinkie Pie, Android 18, The Shredder, Lucy and Sigma.
- He is the first combatant named Raiden, with the second being Raiden from Metal Gear. Coincidently they both fought a Marvel character.
- Raiden's sprite comes from Mortal Kombat II.
- Raiden is (so far) the only combatant from Mortal Kombat who's name doesn't start with an S.
- His fight with Thor is one of the most lopsided Death Battles. Raiden's main weapon in a fight (electricity) was completely useless against Thor, and his martial arts and wits were overwhelmed by Thor's sheer strength.
- This fact would later be acknowledged in Thor VS Wonder Woman in Thor's analysis section.
- Raiden is the third Fighting Game combatant to battle a Non-Fighting Game combatant, after Zangief and Riptor, and with the next three being Blanka, Nightmare and Dan Hibiki.