This article is about the Street Fighter character. For the protagonist of Ninja Gaiden, see Ryu Hayabusa
|Death Battle Combatant|
The Wandering World Warrior
|Origin|| Street Fighter|
|Appearance(s)|| Ryu VS Scorpion|
Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro (cameo)
Leon Kennedy VS Frank West (cameo)
Ryu VS Jin
|“||This power is not to defeat. This is the power to push forward!||„|
|~ Ryu to M. Bison|
Ryu is the main protagonist of the Street Fighter series. He appeared in the 38th episode of DEATH BATTLE!, Ryu VS Scorpion, where he fought against Scorpion from the Mortal Kombat series. He returned for the 95th episode, Ryu VS Jin, where he fought against Jin Kazama from the Tekken series.
Orphaned at a young age and left with no memory of his parents, Ryu was found and raised by the martial artist Gouken. Throughout most of his life, he lived at his dojo, training with Gouken, alongside his sparring partner Ken Masters. At age 23, he left the dojo and has since then continually wandered across the globe, always seeking to improve himself and wanting to meet and fight new people.
DEATH BATTLE! Info (Ryu VS Scorpion)
- Height: 175 cm | 5'9"
- Weight: 68 kg | 150 lbs
- Birthday: July 21, 1964
- Blood Type: O
- Dislikes: spiders, wearing shoes
- Capable of sleeping anywhere
- Has eyebrows so epic that they cannot be contained by his headband
Ansatsuken Fighting Style
- "Rising Dragon Fist"
- Generally Ryu's most powerful technique
- "Wave Motion Fist"
- Contrary to popular belief, not actually composed of fire
- Tatsumaki Senpukyaku
- "Tornado Whirlwind Leg"
- Can safely pass over many projectile attacks
- Joudan Sokutogeri
- Forceful enough to bounce opponents off of walls
- A form of ki based around man's evil nature
- Greatly increases the speed, power and ferocity of its user
- Grants access to the most fatal Ansatsuken technique, the Raging Demon
- Has an addictive quality, making it hard to turn away from
- Causes hair to turn red, eyes glow white, and teeth to sharpen
- Foil to the Satsui No Hado
- Resembles states of being found in Buddhism
- Brings a hyperawareness of the universe to the user
- Boosts one's strength and speed without losing clarity of thought
- Causes eyes to glow blue-white
- Can be used to withstand even the dreaded Raging Demon
DEATH BATTLE! Info (Ryu VS Jin)
- Birthday: July 21, 1964
- Height: 5'9" | 175 cm
- Weight: 150 lbs | 68 kg
- Nationality: Japanese
- Trained by Gouken, Gen & Oro
- Likes: Mizuyokan, grapes, nature
- Probably has some foot fungus
- Shoryuken (Dragon Punch)
- Tatsumaki Senpukyaku (Hurricane Kick)
- Joudan Sokutogeri (Mule Kick)
- Mind's Eye (Parry)
- Shakeunetsu Hadoken
- Shinku & Metsu variants
- Satsui no Hado
- Mu no Ken
- Shin Ryu
- Combines Satsui no Hado & Mu no Ken
- Won the first World Warrior Tournament
- Lifted a 36 ton boulder
- Dodged gunfire in .06 seconds
- Obliterated a skyscraper
- Was on the island Akuma sank
- Survived Balrog's 5 ton Gigaton Blow
- Defeated Bison, Seth, Akuma, Oni, Necalli
Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro
Ryu's fight with Scorpion was briefly seen in Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro when the two martial artists clashed.
Leon Kennedy VS Frank West
One Minute Melee
Ryu appeared in Season 2 of One Minute Melee, where he fought against his second DEATH BATTLE! opponent Jin Kazama, with the match ending in a tie.
He later appeared in Season 1 of DBX, where he fought against Lucario from the Pokémon series and won.
He later returned again in Season 3, where he fought against Liu Kang from the Mortal Kombat series and won.
- Ryu is the tenth Capcom character to appear, after Akuma, Mike Haggar, Zangief, Felicia, Chun-Li, Dr. Wily, Blanka, M. Bison and Strider Hiryu, and with the next 15 being Dan Hibiki, Mega Man, Dante, Cammy White, Ken Masters, Zero, Balrog, Vergil, Leon S. Kennedy, Frank West, Sigma, Mega Man X, Mega Man Volnutt, MegaMan.EXE and Star Force Mega Man.
- He is the sixth Capcom character to lose, after Mike Haggar, Felicia, Chun-Li, Dr. Wily and M. Bison, and with the next 11 being Dan Hibiki, Mega Man, Cammy White, Ken Masters, Balrog, Vergil, Frank West, Sigma, Mega Man X, Mega Man Volnutt and Star Force Mega Man.
- He is also the eight Capcom character to win, after Akuma, Zangief, Blanka, Strider Hiryu, Dante, Zero and Leon S. Kennedy, and with the next one being MegaMan.EXE.
- He is the sixth Street Fighter character to appear, after Akuma, Zangief, Chun-Li, Blanka and M. Bison, and with the next four being Dan Hibiki, Cammy White, Ken Masters and Balrog.
- He is also the third Street Fighter character to face a Mortal Kombat character, after Akuma and M. Bison, and with the next one being Cammy White.
- He is the second Street Fighter character to appear in 3D, after Balrog.
- He is the fourth Street Fighter character to win, after Akuma, Zangief and Blanka.
- Ryu is the first character to return in DEATH BATTLE!, DBX and One Minute Melee, with the next one being Batman.
- Ryu's win against Jin Kazama broke the largest losing streak in DEATH BATTLE! history, as Street Fighter lost six episodes in a row before his second appearance on the show.
- Ryu is the first character to get a win, a loss, and a tie, having lost to Scorpion on DEATH BATTLE!, beating Lucario and Liu Kang on DBX, and tying with Jin on One Minute Melee while winning against him on DEATH BATTLE!, with the next seven being Deadpool, Lucario, Mario, Sephiroth, Vergil, Kenshiro and Sasuke Uchiha.
- Ryu is the second hero to lose against an anti-hero, after Gamera.
- Ryu is the first loser to win in DBX, with the next 13 being Wolverine, Cloud Strife, Mega Man, Darth Vader, Chun-Li, Thor, The Hulk, Jotaro Kujo, Mega Man X, Sasuke Uchiha, Shovel Knight, Son Goku and Ben Tennyson.
- Ryu is the fourth combatant to return in DBX, after Master Chief, Amy Rose and Wolverine, and with the next nine being Mega Man, Spawn, Link, Sasuke Uchiha, Batman, Iron Man, Vegeta, Thor and Lucario.
- Ryu, Ken Masters and their opponent are the 12th, 13th and 14th combatants to return to One Minute Melee, after Akuma, Bowser, Mecha Sonic, Batman, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sephiroth, Vergil, Vegeta, Mewtwo, Link and Zero, and with the next three being Sasuke Uchiha, Genos and Kakashi Hatake.
- Ryu is the 13th returning combatant, after Leonardo, Batman, Boba Fett, Samus Aran, Son Goku, Superman, Charizard, Shadow the Hedgehog, Deadpool, Metal Sonic, Thor and Wonder Woman, and with the next eight being Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, Captain Marvel, Tommy Oliver, Ganondorf, Red Ranger and Venom.
- He is the first Capcom character to return, with the next one being Mega Man.
- He is the seventh returning loser, after Batman, Boba Fett, Son Goku, Charizard, Shadow the Hedgehog and Wonder Woman, and with the next five being Mario, Mega Man, Captain Marvel, Tommy Oliver and Red Ranger.
- He is also the seventh combatant to be portrayed in both sprite and 3D animation, after Boba Fett, Samus Aran, Charizard, Deadpool, Thor and Wonder Woman, and with the next three being Tommy Oliver, Ganondorf and Red Ranger.