This article is about the Street Fighter character. For the protagonist of Ninja Gaiden, see Ryu Hayabusa.
|Death Battle Combatant|
The Wandering World Warrior
|Origin|| Street Fighter |
|Appearance(s)|| Ryu VS Scorpion |
Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro (cameo)
Leon Kennedy VS Frank West (cameo)
Ryu VS Jin
|“||The answer lies in the heart of battle.||„|
Ryu is the main protagonist of the Street Fighter series. He appeared in the 38th episode of Death Battle, Ryu VS Scorpion, where he fought against Scorpion from the Mortal Kombat series. He returned for the 95th episode of Death Battle, Ryu VS Jin, where he fought against Jin Kazama from the Tekken series.
Orphaned at a young age and left with no memory of his parents, Ryu was found and raised by the martial artist Gouken. Throughout most of his life, he lived at his dojo, training with Gouken, alongside his sparring partner Ken Masters. At age 23, he left the dojo and has since then continually wandered across the globe, always seeking to improve himself and wanting to meet and fight new people.
Death Battle Info (Ryu VS Scorpion)
- Height: 175 cm | 5'9"
- Weight: 68 kg | 150 lbs
- Birthday: July 21, 1964
- Blood Type: O
- Dislikes: spiders, wearing shoes
- Capable of sleeping anywhere
- Has eyebrows so epic that they cannot be contained by his headband
Ansatsuken Fighting Style
- "Rising Dragon Fist"
- Generally Ryu's most powerful technique
- "Wave Motion Fist"
- Contrary to popular belief, not actually composed of fire
- Tatsumaki Senpukyaku
- "Tornado Whirlwind Leg"
- Can safely pass over many projectile attacks
- Joudan Sokutogeri
- Forceful enough to bounce opponents off of walls
- A form of ki based around man's evil nature
- Greatly increases the speed, power and ferocity of its user
- Grants access to the most fatal Ansatsuken technique, the Raging Demon
- Has an addictive quality, making it hard to turn away from
- Causes hair to turn red, eyes glow white, and teeth to sharpen
- Foil to the Satsui No Hado
- Resembles states of being found in Buddhism
- Brings a hyperawareness of the universe to the user
- Boosts one's strength and speed without losing clarity of thought
- Causes eyes to glow blue-white
- Can be used to withstand even the dreaded Raging Demon
Death Battle Info (Ryu VS Jin)
- Birthday: July 21, 1964
- Height: 5'9" | 175 cm
- Weight: 150 lbs | 68 kg
- Nationality: Japanese
- Trained by Gouken, Gen & Oro
- Likes: Mizuyokan, grapes, nature
- Probably has some foot fungus
- Shoryuken (Dragon Punch)
- Tatsumaki Senpukyaku (Hurricane Kick)
- Joudan Sokutogeri (Mule Kick)
- Mind's Eye (Parry)
- Shakeunetsu Hadoken
- Shinku & Metsu variants
- Satsui no Hado
- Mu no Ken
- Shin Ryu
- Combines Satsui no Hado & Mu no Ken
- Won the first World Warrior Tournament
- Lifted a 36 ton boulder
- Dodged gunfire in .06 seconds
- Obliterated a skyscraper
- Was on the island Akuma sank
- Survived Balrog's 5 ton Gigaton Blow
- Defeated Bison, Seth, Akuma, Oni, Necalli
Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro
Ryu's fight with Scorpion was briefly seen in Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro when the two martial artists clashed.
Leon Kennedy VS Frank West
One Minute Melee
Ryu appeared as a combatant in Season 2 of One Minute Melee, where he fought against his second Death Battle opponent, Jin Kazama from Tekken, with the match ending in a tie.
He later appeared in Season 1 of DBX, where he fought Lucario from Pokémon and won.
He later returned again in Season 3, where he fought Liu Kang from Mortal Kombat and won (once again).
- Ryu is the sixth Street Fighter character in Death Battle, after Akuma, Zangief, Chun-Li, Blanka and M. Bison, and with the next four being Dan Hibiki, Cammy White, Ken Masters and Balrog.
- He is also the third Street Fighter character to face a Mortal Kombat character, after Akuma and M. Bison, and with the next one being Cammy White.
- He is the second Street Fighter character to appear in 3D, after Balrog.
- He is the fourth Street Fighter character to win, after Akuma, Zangief and Blanka.
- Ryu is the first character to return in Death Battle, DBX and One Minute Melee.
- Ryu's win against Jin Kazama broke the largest losing streak in Death Battle history, as Street Fighter lost six episodes in a row before his second appearance on the show.
- Ryu is the first character to get a win, a loss, and a tie, having lost to Scorpion on Death Battle, beating Lucario and Liu Kang on DBX, and tying with Jin on One Minute Melee while winning against him on Death Battle, following him are Deadpool, Lucario, Mario, Sephiroth, Vergil and Kenshiro.
- Ryu is the second hero to lose against an anti-hero, with the first being Gamera.
- Ryu is the first Death Battle loser to win in DBX, with the next eight being Wolverine, Cloud Strife, Mega Man, Darth Vader, Chun-Li, Thor, The Hulk and Jotaro Kujo.
- Ryu is the fourth combatant to return in DBX, after Master Chief, Amy Rose and Wolverine.
- He is the second combatant to win twice in DBX, after Wolverine.
- Ryu, Ken Masters and their opponent are the 12th, 13th and 14th combatants to return to One Minute Melee, after Akuma, Bowser, Mecha Sonic, Batman, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sephiroth, Vergil, Vegeta, Mewtwo, Link and Zero.
- Ryu and his second opponent are the 11th pair of combatants to fight against each other in both Death Battle and One Minute Melee, after Deadpool & Deathstroke, Hercule Satan & Dan Hibiki, Green Arrow & Hawkeye, Vegeta & Shadow, Natsu Dragneel & Portgas D. Ace, Lucario & Renamon, Luigi & Tails, Mario & Sonic, Sephiroth & Vergil and Jotaro Kujo & Kenshiro, and with the next two pairs being Link & Cloud Strife and Ken Masters & Terry Bogard.
- Ryu is the 13th character to return to Death Battle, after Leonardo, Batman, Boba Fett, Samus Aran, Son Goku, Superman, Charizard, Shadow the Hedgehog, Deadpool, Metal Sonic, Thor and Wonder Woman, and with the next three being Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man.
- He is the seventh Death Battle loser to return, after Batman, Boba Fett, Son Goku, Charizard, Shadow the Hedgehog and Wonder Woman, and with the next two being Mario and Mega Man.
- He is the third Death Battle loser to win, after Batman and Wonder Woman, and with the next one being Mario.
- He is the fifth combatant to win and lose a Death Battle, after Batman, Metal Sonic, Thor and Wonder Woman, and with the next two being Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog.
- He is also the seventh combatant to be portrayed in both sprite and 3D animation, after Boba Fett, Samus Aran, Charizard, Deadpool, Thor and Wonder Woman.