|Death Battle Combatant|
The Sorcerous Vanguard of Doom
|Appearance(s)||Akuma VS Shang Tsung|
|“||Your soul is mine!||„|
|~ Shang Tsung|
Shang Tsung is a sorcerer from Outworld and a servant of Shao Kahn. Long ago, he was caught cheating in the Mortal Kombat tournaments, so the Elder Gods punished him by making him age swiftly until an untimely death, with the only way to prevent this being by absorbing souls. His skill almost had given him enough victories for Shao Kahn to take over Earthrealm, but he was stopped by his greatest opponent, Liu Kang.
Death Battle Info
- Can attack in Rounds of One, Two, or Three
- Fire Damage
- Swift & Deadly
- Unlimited Supply of Human Skulls
- Teleport Ability
- Extremely Fast
- Wide Range
- Burns victims when Appearing Close Enough
- Sucker Punch
- Can change into Anyone He Knows
- Copies Abilities and Stats of Subject
- Enables Hundreds of New Strategies
- About Three Feet Long
- Secretly Hidden
- Of Unknown Make
- Prefers Fists & Magic Over Swordplay
- Sustains Youth
- Restores Energy & Health
- Gains Opponent's Memories & Skills
- Uses Skills for Morph
One Minute Melee
Shang appears a combatant in Season 4 of One Minute Melee, Fei Long VS Liu Kang. In the episode, Tsung faces off against Liu Kang and morphs into Street Fighter's Fei Long to change the tide of the battle. He is killed at the end of the fight, his head crushed into the ground beneath him.
- Shang Tsung is the first Warner Bros. character in Death Battle, with the next 24 being Wonder Woman, Harry Potter, Raiden, Batman, Superman, Lion-O, Shao Kahn, Sektor, Scorpion, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor, Green Arrow, The Flash, The Joker, Sonya Blade, Doomsday, Bane, Sub-Zero, Batman Beyond, Raven, Doctor Fate, Nightwing, Darkseid and Aquaman.
- Shang Tsung is the first Mortal Kombat character in Death Battle, with the next six being Raiden, Shao Kahn, Sektor, Scorpion, Sonya Blade and Sub-Zero.
- Shang Tsung is the first Mortal Kombat character to fight a Street Fighter character, the next three being Shao Kahn, Scorpion and Sonya Blade.
- Shang Tsung is also the first and so far only Mortal Kombat character to lose to a Street Fighter character.
- Hot Escape was only featured in Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.