|Death Battle Combatant|
The Leader of the Mavericks
|Origin|| Mega Man X|
|Appearance(s)||Ultron VS Sigma|
|“||It's not over yet, X! The battle! The angst! The destruction! I will make you understand the true potential of Reploids!||„|
|~ Sigma to X|
Created by Dr. Cain, Sigma was considered the finest of the Reploids (having been the first made) and was the first leader of the Maverick Hunters — peace-keeping Reploids who defend humans against their renegade robot counterparts. Although he was once honorable and selfless, Sigma unexpectedly goes Maverick at the beginning of Mega Man X and rebelled against humankind (the reason for this was that he was infected by the Maverick Virus, which he received from Zero). He defects to the Mavericks and assumes the role of their leader. Under Sigma's command, the Mavericks grow into a legion dedicated to the extermination of the human race. Sigma instigates many of the destructive Maverick Wars, with the Maverick Hunters existing to crush Sigma and his minions.
DEATH BATTLE! Info
- Age: ~10 years
- Height: 7'5" | 226 cm
- Weight: > 200 lb | 91 kg
- Rank: Commander
- Led the Maverick Hunters 17th Elite Unit
- Combined DNA Soul & Maverick Virus
- Looks like the forbidden love child of Buzz Lightyear & Zurg
- Beam Saber
- Sigma Blade
- Beam Scythe
- Energy Rifle
- Energy Cannon
- Boomerang Shield
Powers & Abilities
- Superhuman physique
- Energy blasts
- Eye beams
- Force fields
- Sigma Virus
- Spread the Sigma Virus planet-wide
- Hurt Zero, who survived a 1 trillion ton impact
- Kept up with X, who can dodge Optic Sunflower's laser
- Survived battling X, who can damage The General
- Manipulated the world into civil war
- Defeated Zero, Mechaniloid, Mega Man X
DEATH BATTLE! Quotes
- At the risk of sounding cliché... You and what army?
- I am Sigma, I am superior!
- I'll tear out your circuits and bathe in your oil!
- Prepare to be extinguished!
- You are powerful, possibly more so than I. But this battle was never about the physical.
- My infection is complete! You belong to me!
- What!? What's this!? NO! NOOOO!
- Sigma is the 21st Capcom character to appear, after Akuma, Mike Haggar, Zangief, Felicia, Chun-Li, Dr. Wily, Blanka, M. Bison, Strider Hiryu, Ryu, Dan Hibiki, Mega Man, Dante, Cammy White, Ken Masters, Zero, Balrog, Vergil, Leon S. Kennedy and Frank West, and with the next four being Mega Man X, Mega Man Volnutt, MegaMan.EXE and Star Force Mega Man.
- He is the 14th Capcom character to lose, after Mike Haggar, Felicia, Chun-Li, Dr. Wily, M. Bison, Ryu, Dan Hibiki, Mega Man, Cammy White, Ken Masters, Balrog, Vergil and Frank West, and with the next three being Mega Man X, Mega Man Volnutt and Star Force Mega Man.
- He is the fourth Mega Man character to appear, after Dr. Wily, Mega Man and Zero, and with the next four being Mega Man X, Mega Man Volnutt, MegaMan.EXE and Star Force Mega Man.
- Sigma is the ninth non-DC character to fight against a Marvel character, after Lord Raiden, Goliath, Darth Vader, Raiden, Pinkie Pie, Android 18, The Shredder and Lucy, and with the next four being Widowmaker, The Mask, Genos and Crona.
- Sigma is the ninth video game character to fight a comic book character, after Zitz, Kratos, Lord Raiden, Fox McCloud, Raiden, Sweet Tooth, Amy Rose and Shovel Knight, and with the next two being Widowmaker and Sindel.
- Sigma is possibly the fifth combatant to receive his original voice actor, after Yang Xiao Long, The Meta, Agent Carolina and possibly Ichigo Kurosaki, and with the next two being Weiss Schnee and Zuko.
- His VA is credited as "SupremeOverlordOfIce", but it is heavily implied to be his voice actor from Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, Chris Tergliafera. The alias corresponds to a self-appointed title made by Gundham Tanaka, a character from the Danganronpa series who is also voiced by Tergliafera. Additionally, the reference page for the VA links to a Wikipedia pages about hamsters; Tanaka has multiple hamsters in his care. It's likely Tergliafera may not have been credited to avoid the legal issues surrounding getting him to voice a character that he would legally and contractually not be able to voice.