|Death Battle Combatant|
The Kilowatt Kid
|Origin|| Static #1|
|Appearance(s)||Miles Morales VS Static|
|“||The name's Static. I put a shock to your system!||„|
Virgil Hawkins, AKA Static, is a superhero from DC Comics. He appeared in the 120th episode and Season 7 Premiere of DEATH BATTLE!, Miles Morales VS Static, where he fought against Miles Morales from Marvel Comics.
As a child, Virgil Hawkins lost his mother to gang violence in Dakota. His father vowed to help the community and set up the Freeman Community Center, which became a second home for Virgil. Virgil grew up to be an honor roll student with a quick tongue, which caused him to be the target of a notorious bully and gang member, Francis Stone.
Virgil's friend, Larry Wade suggested the only solution to Virgil's problems was to kill the bully at a gathering of all the gangs of the city in the Dakota Docks known as "The Big Bang". It did not come to pass, as police arrived on the scene to squelch the battle. When they encountered return fire, the police fired tear gas and the gas grenade caused a container full of unknown chemicals to explode. The entire dock area became covered in thick, purple smoke. Virgil escaped seemingly unscathed and found out he developed electromagnetic powers. Inspired by the superhero comics he read, he decided to become the superhero named Static.
DEATH BATTLE! Info
- Real Name: Vergil Hawkins
- Height: 172 cm | 5'8"
- Weight: 64 kg | 140 lbs
- Age: 15
- AKA Kilowatt Kid
- Member of Teen Titans
- Hobbies: D&D, Pokémon
- Force Bolts
- Static Cling
- Nova Burst
- Plasma coil
- Impulse disruption
- Energy barriers
- Wavelength tuning
- Can become electric energy
- Absorbed 94 megawatts at once
- Obliterated the Titans tower
- Matched Superboy's telekinesis
- Dodged light-speed lasers
- Survived a building exploding
- Melted 2,000 tons of ice
- KO'd Raven with one zap
- Defeated Ebon, Hotstreak, Joker
DEATH BATTLE! Quotes
- For real? You attacked me!
- Me? Getting zapped? What's up with that?
- And I call THIS my taser punch!
- Come on out, Spider-Boy...
- Shoot! That was my ride...
- Okay, you've got surprises, but so do I!
- Plasma coil. If you haven't noticed, this electric biz is kinda my thing.
- Phew... That was tough...
- Static is the 20th DC character to appear, after Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor, Green Arrow, The Flash, The Joker, Doomsday, Bane, Batman Beyond, Raven, Doctor Fate, Nightwing, Darkseid, Aquaman, Shazam, Green Lantern and Lobo, and with the next four being Black Canary, Booster Gold, Wally West and Red Hood.
- He is the 16th DC character to fight against a Marvel character, after Wonder Woman, Batman, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor, Green Arrow, The Flash, Doomsday, Bane, Batman Beyond, Doctor Fate, Nightwing, Darkseid, Aquaman, Shazam and Lobo, and with the next two being Booster Gold and Red Hood.
- He is the 15th DC character to win, after Superman, Batman, The Flash, The Joker, Doomsday, Wonder Woman, Batman Beyond, Raven, Doctor Fate, Nightwing, Darkseid, Aquaman, Shazam and Green Lantern, and with the next three being Black Canary, Booster Gold and Wally West.
- Static and his opponent are the seventh and eighth black characters to appear, after Spawn, Zack the Black Ranger, Balrog, TJ Combo, Black Panther and Afro Samurai, and with the next two being War Machine and A-Train.