|Death Battle Combatant|
The Prince of Asgard
|Origin|| Journey into Mystery #83|
|Appearance(s)|| Thor VS Raiden|
Thor VS Wonder Woman
|“||Have at thee!||„|
Thor Odinson is a superhero from Marvel Comics. He appeared in the 21st episode of DEATH BATTLE!, Thor VS Raiden, where he fought against Raiden from the Mortal Kombat series. He returned for the 84th episode, Thor VS Wonder Woman, where he fought against Wonder Woman from DC Comics.
Thor Odinson is the god of thunder from Asgard and is the son of the All-Father Odin. In order to teach his son humility, Odin briefly banished Thor to Earth in a human body by the name of Donald Blake. After regaining his powers, Thor dedicated most of his time to protecting the citizens of Earth, and eventually founded the famous superhero team known as the Avengers with Iron Man, Hulk, Ant-Man, and the Wasp. He would battle many times with his arch-nemesis, his adoptive brother Loki.
DEATH BATTLE! Info (Thor VS Raiden)
- Real Name: Thor Odinson the Mighty
- Height: 6'6"
- Weight: 640 lbs.
- Secret Identity: Dr. Donald Blake
- Skilled Surgeon & Medic
- Guardian of Midgard A.K.A. Earth
- Superiority Complex
- Super Strength
- Supersonic Speeds
- Self Sustenance
- Inexhaustible Stamina
- Super Breath
- Immunity to Ailments
- Bound to Thor
- Literally means 'Crusher'
- Forged from a Starcore
- Momentum Based Flight
- Anti-Force Energy Blasts
- God Blast (Summons his energy into a beam capable of slaying immortals)
- Nordic Title: Meging Jord
- Belt of Strength
- Doubles Thor's Physique
- Weather Manipulation
- Wind-Powered Flight
- Earthquake Control
- Warrior's Madness Berserk State
- Healing Powers
- Master Marksman
- Top Flight Speed: Mach 32
- Martial Arts Mastery (Viking, Celtic, Saxon, German, & American fighting styles)
- Overpowered the Hulk
- Can Destroy Adamantium
- Escaped a Black Hole
- Strongest Asgardian, aside Odin
DEATH BATTLE! Info (Thor VS Wonder Woman)
- Real name: Thor Odinson
- Aliases: God of Thunder, Donald Blake
- Height: 6'6" | 1.98 m
- Weight: 640 lbs | 290 kg
- Asgardian Prince
- Son of Odin & Gaea
- Has 2 pet goats named Toothgnasher & Toothgrinder
- Was once turned into a frog
- Super Strength
- Super Speed
- Near Invulnerability
- Healing Factor
- Earth Manipulation
- Warrior's Madness
- Can be understood universally
- Weather Manipulation
- Energy Projection
- Energy Absorption
- Returns to wielder when thrown
- Doubles Thor's strength
- Lifted the Midgard Serpent
- Tagged Quicksilver
- KO'd the Phoenix Force
- Shattered planets
- Survived a planet busting bomb
- Endured 17 days of torture
- Destroyed a helicopter while depowered
- Defeated Juggernaut, Silver Surfer, Iron Man & Hulk
Compared to Raiden
- Stronger, Tougher, & Faster
- Immune to Electricity
- Does not solely rely on electrical attacks
- Mjolnir is ridiculously powerful
- Arrogance only prolonged the fight
- Consistently defeats Loki, who is clever like Raiden
- Smarter, but much weaker
- Immune to Electricity
- More Fighting Experience
- Less Extreme Survival Experience
- Relies on electrical attacks, which were useless
DEATH BATTLE! Auditions
Animators who wanted to audition for DEATH BATTLE! had to create a short fight between Thor and Kratos from God of War. All the fights ended with Thor decapitating Kratos with Mjolnir.
One Minute Melee
Thor had a cameo in the Goku vs Sonic? April Fools One Minute Melee, where he and the other Avengers tried to fight Goku from Dragon Ball. Unlike the other combatants, Thor isn't defeated by Goku, but rather accidentally knocked out by Hulk when Goku evades his and Hulk's ambush.
He later appeared in a Bonus Episode in Season 5, where he fought against Vegeta from the Dragon Ball series and lost.
Thor appeared in Season 3 of DBX, where he fought against 100 wild Pikachu from the Pokémon series and won.
He returned for the Season 5 Premiere, where he fought against Vegeta from the Dragon Ball series and won.
DEATH BATTLE! Quotes
- Stand down wayward maiden. This sort of thing never turns out well for women like yourself.
- You are a god!
- Mighty Tornado!
- Have at thee!
- Feel heaven's wrath!
- Never shall the God of Thunder relent!
- I'll kill you! I'll kill you dead!
- Thor is the second Marvel character to appear, after Rogue, and with the next 27 being Spider-Man, Captain America, Deadpool, Iron Man, Beast, Doctor Doom, Wolverine, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, The Hulk, Venom, Captain Marvel, Silver Samurai, Spider-Man 2099, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Carnage, Daredevil, Ultron, Thanos, Namor, Black Widow, Ghost Rider, Miles Morales, War Machine, Cable and Winter Soldier.
- He is the second Marvel character to win, after Rogue, and with the next 12 being Spider-Man, Deadpool, Iron Man, Doctor Doom, Hawkeye, Venom, Black Panther, Ultron, Black Widow, Ghost Rider, War Machine and Winter Soldier VS Red Hood.
- He is the eighth Marvel character to lose, after Captain America, Beast, Wolverine, Quicksilver, The Hulk, Captain Marvel and Silver Samurai, and with the next nine being Spider-Man 2099, Doctor Strange, Carnage, Daredevil, Thanos, Namor, Deadpool, Miles Morales and Cable.
- He is the first Marvel character to fight against a non-DC character, with the next eleven being Beast, Doctor Doom, Wolverine, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Silver Samurai, Carnage, Ultron, Black Widow, War Machine and Venom.
- Thor and his second opponent are the eleventh and twelfth returning combatants, after Leonardo, Batman, Boba Fett, Samus Aran, Son Goku, Superman, Charizard, Shadow the Hedgehog, Deadpool and Metal Sonic, and with the next nine being Ryu, Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, Captain Marvel, Tommy Oliver, Ganondorf, Red Ranger and Venom.
- He is the sixth returning winner, after Leonardo, Samus Aran, Superman, Deadpool and Metal Sonic, and with the next five being Batman, Sonic the Hedgehog, Ganondorf, Wonder Woman and Venom.
- He is the second Marvel character to return, after Deadpool, and with the next two being Captain Marvel and Venom.
- He and his second opponent are the fifth and sixth combatants to have both 2D sprites and 3D models, after Boba Fett, Samus Aran, Charizard and Deadpool, and with the next four being Ryu, Tommy Oliver, Ganondorf and Red Ranger.
- He and his second opponent are the second and third characters to fight against both a male and a female, after Deadpool, and with the next seven being Captain Marvel, Tommy Oliver, Queen Maeve, A-Train, The Deep, Starlight and Billy Butcher.
- Thor is the 13th male to fight against a female, after Boba Fett, Yoshi, Justin Bieber, Starscream, Gaara, Dante, The Meta, The Scout, Roronoa Zoro, Deadpool, Nathan Drake and Lucario, and with the next nine being Carnage, Shazam, Tommy Oliver, Mob, Gray Fullbuster, Beerus, A-Train, The Deep and Billy Butcher.
- Thor is the third Comic Book character to fight a Video Game character, after Leonardo and Spawn, and with the next eight being Bucky O'Hare, Wolverine, The Joker, Ramona Flowers, Scrooge McDuck, Ultron, Black Widow and Black Canary.
- Thor and Vegeta are the 11th and 12th combatants to return to DBX, after Master Chief, Amy Rose, Wolverine, Ryu, Mega Man, Spawn, Link, Sasuke Uchiha, Batman and Iron Man, and with the next one being Lucario.
- Some stories of Thor have Mjolnir actually weigh 42 pounds. However, because of the godly Odin Force within Mjolnir, it has the properties of an indestructible and abnormally dense weapon. It is still very possible for Thor to split someone in half even with this misconception.
- Thor's sprite was built off of Thor's assist character sprite from Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes.
- Thor was mentioned in Godzilla VS Gamera, in where Boomstick explains Godzilla matching Thor's strength is part of the reason he won against Gamera.
- Thor is the second Non-Fighting Game character to fight against a Fighting Game character, after Mike Haggar and Yoshi, and with the next six being Pikachu, Guts, Hercule Satan, Captain Falcon, Black Canary and Machamp.
- Thor is the first character to be voiced by Jonah Scott, with the next one being Jiraiya.