|Death Battle Combatant|
The Antithesis of Mario
|Origin|| Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins|
|Appearance(s)||Wario VS King Dedede|
|“||Have a rotten day!||„|
Wario is the main protagonist of the series of the same name, as well as a protagonist from the Super Mario series. He appeared in the 108th episode of DEATH BATTLE!, Wario VS King Dedede, where he fought against King Dedede from the Kirby series.
Since his childhood, Wario was always greedy and jealous of Mario because of his popularity. As a result of his jealousy, Wario eventually took over Mario's Castle one day while Mario was away on a mission, but he got quickly defeated when Mario returned. However, this defeat didn't end his wish to own a castle, no, it made him want one even more.
So he began living the life of a treasure hunter and ultimately got his own castle, but that didn't stop his lust for money. To acquire even more cash, he and some of his friends eventually started a video game company, which made him even richer. However, none of this has ever stopped Wario from being the one and only rival to Mario.
DEATH BATTLE! Info
- Height: 170.1 cm (5’7”)
- Weight: 139.7 kg (308 lbs)
- Age: 24
- Alias: Wario-Man
- Occupation: Treasure Hunter
- Owner of WarioWare, Inc.
- A Legendary star child
- Rival to Mario
- Superhuman strength
- Superhuman speed
- Superhuman gluttony
- Malleable physique
- Belly Blast technique
- The Waft
Arsenal & Power Ups
- Bouncy Wario
- Bubble Wario
- Crazy Wario
- Flaming Wario
- Invisible Wario
- Tiny Wario
- Sparky Wario
- Overpowered Mario
- Hypnotized the Mario Land population
- Survived atmospheric re-entry
- Endured a 2.4 Megaton blast
- Withstood the exploding Shake King
- Survived 15 Mario Parties
- Manages a video game company
- Defeated Captain Syrup, Bowser, Black Jewel, Shake King
One Minute Melee
Wario appeared in Season 2 of One Minute Melee, where he fought against Knuckles the Echidna from the Sonic the Hedgehog series and lost.
Wario can be seen eating a burger together with Bowser before the fight in Ronald McDonald VS Colonel Sanders. He is also seen lifting weights in Guile VS Paul Phoenix.
- Wario and his opponent are the 23rd and 24th Nintendo characters to appear, after Samus Aran, Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Yoshi, Mario, Princess Zelda, Princess Peach, Link, Pikachu, Fox McCloud, Luigi, Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Red, Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Lucario and Pit, and with the next two being Captain Falcon and Machamp.
- He is the 12th Nintendo character to lose, after Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Mario, Princess Zelda, Pikachu, Luigi, Venusaur, Charizard, Red, Bowser and Pit, and with the next one being Ganondorf.
- He is the ninth Mario character to appear, after Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Yoshi, Mario, Princess Peach, Luigi, Donkey Kong and Bowser.
- According to a blog made by Ben Singer, Wario was originally going to appear in Season 1 against Knuckles the Echidna from the Sonic the Hedgehog series.
- The two eventually had a fight in Season 2 of One Minute Melee.