|Death Battle Combatant|
The Princess of Themyscira
|Origin|| All Star Comics #8|
|Appearance(s)|| Rogue VS Wonder Woman |
Thor VS Wonder Woman
|“||I've done more killing in these darkling depths than I ever dreamed possible...and frankly I can stomach no more!!||„|
|~ Wonder Woman|
Princess Diana, AKA Wonder Woman, is a superheroine from DC Comics. She appeared in the third episode of Death Battle, Rogue VS Wonder Woman, where she fought against Rogue from Marvel Comics. She returned for the 84th episode, Thor VS Wonder Woman, where she fought against Thor from Marvel Comics. In her second appearance, she was voiced by Natalie Van Sistine.
Diana was a member of a tribe of women named the Amazons, native to Paradise Island – a secluded island set in the middle of a vast ocean. After Captain Steve Trevor's plane crashes on the island, he is found alive but unconscious by Diana and a fellow Amazon. Diana has him nursed back to health and falls in love with him. A competition is held amongst all the Amazons by Diana's mother, the Queen of the Amazons Hippolyta, in order to determine who is the most worthy of all the women; Hippolyta charges the winner with the responsibility of delivering Captain Steve Trevor back to man's world and to fight for justice. Hippolyta forbids Diana from entering the competition, but she takes part nonetheless, wearing a mask to conceal her identity. She wins the competition and reveals herself, surprising Hippolyta, who ultimately gives in to Diana's wish to go to Man's World. She then safely returns Steve Trevor back to his home and is awarded a special dress made by her mother for her new role as Wonder Woman.
Death Battle Info (Rogue VS Wonder Woman)
- Trained since childhood
- Skilled at armed & unarmed combat
- Prefers fists over blades
- Best of the Amazons
Powers from Demeter
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman durability (resists all but blades & bullets)
- Magic Resistance
- Enhanced Healing Factor
Powers from Hermes
- Flight up to Mach-5 speed
- Superhuman reflexes (faster than Superman)
- Superhuman speed (VP to hyper-sonic)
- Enhanced sight, smell, hearing, touch, & taste
- Increased wisdom
- Superior Empathy
- Animal rapport
- 'Other useless stuff'
- Forged by Hephaestus
- Infinitely elastic
- Forces the prisoners to tell the truth
- Returns after each use
- Razor-sharp edges
- Can cut through most substances
- Formed from the Aegis of Zeus
- Blocks blades, bullets, beams, & other attacks
- Can discharge lightning
Death Battle Info (Thor VS Wonder Woman)
- Real Name: Diana
- Aliases: Diana Prince, Goddess of Truth
- Height: Approx. 6"|1.8 m
- Weight: 130 lbs|59 kg
- Amazonian Princess
- Daughter of Hippolyta and Zeus
- Dated Superman and Batman
- Ran for President... twice!
- Super Speed
- Super Strength
- Near Invulnerability
- Master of close-combat
- Rapid Healing
- Suspended Aging
- Bracelets of Submission
- Deflects bullets
- Summons Zeus' lightning
- Summons Zeus' Aegis shield
- Summons weapons
- Restricts Diana's full power
- Magical Sword
- Can slice atoms
- Lasso of Truth
- Gold Armor
- Broke into Fortress of Solitude
- Tanked a nuclear warhead
- Helped moved the Earth
- Survived an artificial blackhole
- Held back Superdoom
- Withstood multiple Infinite Mass Punches
- Blocked pieces of the Shattered God
- Defeated Ares, Zoom, Mongol & Supergirl
Death Battle Quotes
- You! No man can enter Themyscira unannounced.
- Oh? I don't think you've ever known a woman like me...
- Time to stop holding back Diana!
- Hmph, such reckless abandon...
- Poor, misguided fool-
- You will to me!
- Excuse me!?
- You're not worthy...
One Minute Melee
- Wonder Woman is the first DC character in Death Battle, with the next 15 being Batman, Superman, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor, Green Arrow, The Flash, The Joker, Doomsday, Bane, Batman Beyond, Raven, Doctor Fate, Nightwing, Darkseid and Aquaman.
- She is also the second Warner Bros. character in Death Battle, after Shang Tsung, and with the next 23 being Harry Potter, Raiden, Batman, Superman, Lion-O, Shao Kahn, Sektor, Scorpion, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor, Green Arrow, The Flash, The Joker, Sonya Blade, Doomsday, Bane, Sub-Zero, Batman Beyond, Raven, Doctor Fate, Nightwing, Darkseid and Aquaman.
- She is also the first to fight against a Marvel character, with the next 12 being Batman, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor, Green Arrow, The Flash, Doomsday, Bane, Batman Beyond, Doctor Fate, Nightwing, Darkseid and Aquaman.
- Wonder Woman and her second opponent are the eleventh and twelfth returning combatants in the series, after Leonardo, Batman, Boba Fett, Samus Aran, Son Goku, Superman, Charizard, Shadow the Hedgehog, Deadpool and Metal Sonic, and with the next four being Ryu, Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man.
- She is the second female returning combatant, after Samus Aran.
- She is the second Death Battle loser that won in their second appearance, with the first being Batman, and with the next one being Ryu.
- She is the third DC character to return, after Batman and Superman.
- She and her second opponent are also the fifth and sixth characters to have both a 2D animated sprite fight and a 3D animated fight, with the first four being Boba Fett, Samus Aran, Charizard and Deadpool and with the next one being Ryu.
- She is the second DC character, after Batman, to face off against two different Marvel characters in separate fights.
- She and her first opponent are the second and third combatants to be female, with the first being Samus Aran, and the next 30 (technically 33, if one counts the Yellow and Pink Ranger and Princess Allura) being Riptor, Felicia, Taokaka, Rebecca Black, Chun-Li, Mai Shiranui, Rainbow Dash, Princess Zelda, Princess Peach, Ivy Valentine, Black Orchid, Toph Beifong, Yang Xiao Long, Tifa Lockhart, Bayonetta, Agent Carolina, Cammy White, Sonya Blade, Tracer, Amy Rose, Ramona Flowers, Erza Scarlet, Pinkie Pie, Lara Croft, Android 18, Captain Marvel, Renamon, Raven, Twilight Sparkle and Lucy.
- Wonder Woman is the 13th female to fight against a male, after Samus Aran, Riptor, Rebecca Black, Rainbow Dash, Toph Beifong, Bayonetta, Agent Carolina, Tracer, Erza Scarlet, Pinkie Pie, Lara Croft and Renamon, and with the next one being Lucy.
- Wonder Woman is the fifth-oldest character on Death Battle, debuting after Captain America in 1941.
- Wonder Woman's sprite originated from Sunsoft's 1995 fighting game, Justice League Task Force. For her second battle, her model is from Injustice: Gods Among Us.
- Wonder Woman is the only combatant whose flaws or weaknesses were never discussed in a pre-fight analysis. This was not repeated in her second appearance, where her weakness to piercing weapons was stated.
- On June 2nd, 2017, the day the Wonder Woman film was released, Ben Singer (the voice of Wiz) expressed interest in bringing Wonder Woman back into Death Battle, which they eventually did with Thor VS Wonder Woman.
- Wonder Woman and her second opponent are the second and third characters to fight both a male combatant and a female combatant, after Deadpool.