|Death Battle Combatant|
The Princess of Themyscira
|Origin|| All Star Comics #8|
|Appearance(s)|| Rogue VS Wonder Woman|
Thor VS Wonder Woman
Deadpool VS Mask (cameo)
She-Ra VS Wonder Woman
|“||I've done more killing in these darkling depths than I ever dreamed possible... and frankly I can stomach no more!!||„|
|~ Wonder Woman|
Princess Diana, AKA Wonder Woman, is a superheroine from DC Comics. She appeared in the third episode of DEATH BATTLE!, Rogue VS Wonder Woman, where she fought against Rogue from Marvel Comics. She returned for the 84th episode, Thor VS Wonder Woman, where she fought against Thor from Marvel Comics. She will return again for the 129th episode, She-Ra VS Wonder Woman, where she will fight against She-Ra from the series of the same name and Masters of the Universe series. In her second and third appearances, she was voiced by Natalie Van Sistine.
Diana was a member of a tribe of women named the Amazons, native to Paradise Island – a secluded island set in the middle of a vast ocean. After Captain Steve Trevor's plane crashes on the island, he is found alive but unconscious by Diana and a fellow Amazon. Diana has him nursed back to health and falls in love with him. A competition is held amongst all the Amazons by Diana's mother, the Queen of the Amazons Hippolyta, in order to determine who is the most worthy of all the women; Hippolyta charges the winner with the responsibility of delivering Captain Steve Trevor back to man's world and to fight for justice. Hippolyta forbids Diana from entering the competition, but she takes part nonetheless, wearing a mask to conceal her identity. She wins the competition and reveals herself, surprising Hippolyta, who ultimately gives in to Diana's wish to go to Man's World. She then safely returns Steve Trevor back to his home and is awarded a special dress made by her mother for her new role as Wonder Woman.
DEATH BATTLE! Info (Rogue VS Wonder Woman)
- Trained since childhood
- Skilled at armed & unarmed combat
- Prefers fists over blades
- Best of the Amazons
Powers from Demeter
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman durability (resists all but blades & bullets)
- Magic Resistance
- Enhanced Healing Factor
Powers from Hermes
- Flight up to Mach-5 speed
- Superhuman reflexes (faster than Superman)
- Superhuman speed (VP to hyper-sonic)
- Enhanced sight, smell, hearing, touch, & taste
- Increased wisdom
- Superior Empathy
- Animal rapport
- 'Other useless stuff'
- Forged by Hephaestus
- Infinitely elastic
- Forces the prisoners to tell the truth
- Returns after each use
- Razor-sharp edges
- Can cut through most substances
- Formed from the Aegis of Zeus
- Blocks blades, bullets, beams, & other attacks
- Can discharge lightning
DEATH BATTLE! Info (Thor VS Wonder Woman)
- Real Name: Diana
- Aliases: Diana Prince, Goddess of Truth
- Height: Approx. 6"|1.8 m
- Weight: 130 lbs|59 kg
- Amazonian Princess
- Daughter of Hippolyta and Zeus
- Dated Superman and Batman
- Ran for President... twice!
- Super Speed
- Super Strength
- Near Invulnerability
- Master of close-combat
- Rapid Healing
- Suspended Aging
- Bracelets of Submission
- Deflects bullets
- Summons Zeus' lightning
- Summons Zeus' Aegis shield
- Summons weapons
- Restricts Diana's full power
- Magical Sword
- Can slice atoms
- Lasso of Truth
- Gold Armor
- Broke into Fortress of Solitude
- Tanked a nuclear warhead
- Helped moved the Earth
- Survived an artificial blackhole
- Held back Superdoom
- Withstood multiple Infinite Mass Punches
- Blocked pieces of the Shattered God
- Defeated Ares, Zoom, Mongol & Supergirl
DEATH BATTLE! Info (She-Ra VS Wonder Woman)
Deadpool VS Mask
Wonder Woman can be seen during Deadpool VS Mask in one of the alternate realities that was shown in the background when Deadpool was using the Continuity Gem. Instead of Rogue grabbing onto Wonder Woman's arm, Wonder Woman punched through Rogue's face.
One Minute Melee
Wonder Woman appeared in Season 2 of One Minute Melee, where she fought against Lightning from the Final Fanatsy series and lost.
DEATH BATTLE! Quotes
Thor VS Wonder Woman
- You! No man can enter Themyscira unannounced.
- Oh? I don't think you've ever known a woman like me...
- Time to stop holding back Diana!
- Hmph, such reckless abandon...
- Poor, misguided fool-
- You will to me!
- Excuse me!?
- You're not worthy...
- Wonder Woman is the second Warner Bros. character to appear, after Shang Tsung, and with the next 31 being Harry Potter, Raiden, Batman, Superman, Lion-O, Shao Kahn, Sektor, Scorpion, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor, Green Arrow, The Flash, The Joker, Sonya Blade, Doomsday, Bane, Sub-Zero, Batman Beyond, Raven, Doctor Fate, Nightwing, Darkseid, Aquaman, Shazam, Green Lantern, Johnny Cage, Lobo, Static, Black Canary, Sindel, Goro and Booster Gold.
- Wonder Woman is the first DC character to appear, with the next 20 being Batman, Superman, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor, Green Arrow, The Flash, The Joker, Doomsday, Bane, Batman Beyond, Raven, Doctor Fate, Nightwing, Darkseid, Aquaman, Shazam, Green Lantern, Lobo, Static, Black Canary and Booster Gold.
- She is the first female DC character to appear, with the next two being Raven and Black Canary.
- She is the first DC character to fight against a Marvel character, with the next 16 being Batman, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor, Green Arrow, The Flash, Doomsday, Bane, Batman Beyond, Doctor Fate, Nightwing, Darkseid, Aquaman, Shazam, Lobo, Static and Booster Gold.
- She is the sixth DC character to fight against a non-Marvel character, after Superman, The Joker, Raven, Green Lantern and Black Canary.
- She is the first DC character to lose, with the next 6 being Batman, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor, Green Arrow, Bane and Lobo.
- She is the sixth DC character to win, after Superman, Batman, The Flash, The Joker and Doomsday, with the next 11 being Batman Beyond, Raven, Doctor Fate, Nightwing, Darkseid, Aquaman, Shazam, Green Lantern, Static, Black Canary and Booster Gold.
- She is the first DC character to fight both a Marvel character and a non-Marvel character.
- Wonder Woman and her second opponent are the eleventh and twelfth returning combatants, after Leonardo, Batman, Boba Fett, Samus Aran, Son Goku, Superman, Charizard, Shadow the Hedgehog, Deadpool and Metal Sonic, and with the next eight being Ryu, Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, Captain Marvel, Tommy Oliver, Ganondorf and Red Ranger.
- She is the second female returning combatant, after Samus Aran, and with the next one being Captain Marvel.
- She is the second Death Battle loser to win, after Batman, and with the next three being Ryu, Mario and Red Ranger.
- She is the third DC character to return, after Batman and Superman.
- She and her second opponent are also the fifth and sixth characters to have both a 2D animated sprite fight and a 3D animated fight, after Boba Fett, Samus Aran, Charizard and Deadpool, and with the next four being Ryu, Tommy Oliver, Ganondorf and Red Ranger.
- She and her second opponent are the second and third combatants to fight against both a male and a female, after Deadpool, and with the next two being Captain Marvel and Tommy Oliver.
- She is the fourth combatant to return twice, after Batman, Deadpool and Leonardo.
- She's the second DC character to return twice, after Batman.
- Wonder Woman is the 13th female to fight against a male, after Samus Aran, Riptor, Rebecca Black, Rainbow Dash, Toph Beifong, Bayonetta, Agent Carolina, Tracer, Erza Scarlet, Pinkie Pie, Lara Croft and Renamon, and with the next five being Lucy, Captain Marvel, Akane Yashiro, Tatsumaki and Esdeath.
- Wonder Woman is the sixth Comic Book character to fight against a Cartoon character, after Beast, Deadpool, Spider-Man 2099, Raven and Green Lantern.
- Wonder Woman's sprite from her first battle originated from Sunsoft's 1995 fighting game, Justice League Task Force. For her second battle, her model is from Injustice: Gods Among Us.
- Wonder Woman is the only combatant whose flaws or weaknesses were never discussed in a pre-fight analysis. This was not repeated in her second appearance, where her weakness to piercing weapons was stated.
- On June 2nd, 2017, the day the Wonder Woman film was released, Ben Singer (the voice of Wiz) expressed interest in bringing Wonder Woman back into Death Battle, which they eventually did with Thor VS Wonder Woman.
- Wonder Woman is the first combatant to be voiced by Natalie Van Sistine, with the next one being Black Widow.