|Death Battle Combatant|
The Grand Master of the Jedi
|Origin||Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back|
|Appearance(s)||Yoda VS King Mickey|
|“||Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.||„|
|~ Yoda to Luke|
Master Yoda is a protagonist from the Star Wars series. He appeared in the 140th episode and Season 8 Premiere of DEATH BATTLE!, Yoda VS King Mickey, where he fought against King Mickey from the Kingdom Hearts series.
Yoda is the Grand Master of the Jedi Order during the waning days of the Galactic Republic and its fall following the rise of the Galactic Empire. A force-sensitive being belonging to a mysterious species, though diminutive in size, Yoda was revered by all for his great wisdom, kindness, and adherence to the Jedi Code as well as his fearsome prowess on the battlefield in both lightsaber combat as well as his use of the Force. The mentor to many great Jedi, he serves as the Order's guiding light during its times of turmoil, as well as one of its last surviving remnants during the time of the Galactic Empire, training Luke Skywalker in the ways of the Force after the death of Ben Kenobi.
DEATH BATTLE! Info
- Height: 0.66 | 2’2”
- Weight: 13 kg | 29 lbs
- Age: 900
- Species: Unknown
- Jedi Rank: Grand Master
- Taught Dooku, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker
- Self-exiled to Dagobah
- A peculiar speech pattern, he has
- Form 1 -Shii Cho
- Oldest style, based on fencing
- Form 2 - Makashi
- Focuses on one-on-one duels & avoiding disarmament
- Form 3 - Soresu
- Defensive style, uses a foe’s mistakes against them.
- Form 4 - Ataru
- Enhances physical strength & speed via the force
- Form 5 - Shien/Djem So
- Emphasizes physical power, often uses a reverse grip
- Form 6 - Niman
- Balances offensive & defensive techniques
- Form 7 - Juyo
- Offensive style, focuses on aggression
- Adapts previous styles for dual wielding
- Force Body
- Force Spirit
- Jedi Mind Trick
- Thought Shield
- Commanded the Grand Army of the Republic
- Trained Jedi for hundreds of years
- Held back a Giant of Living Stone
- Created an avalanche with the force
- Directly compared to Kyp Durron
- Carried a massive cannon by himself
- Bested Sidious & Dooku in astral combat
DEATH BATTLE! Quotes
- Difficult to find, you are. A King, you must be.
- A wealth of power, I sense in you.
- My first duel, this is not!
- Proof you are, that size matters not! (Laughs)
- The path to victory... this is not. The force, I must trust!
- Surrender, you should. The power of the force, you have not!
- Do, or do not. There is no try.
- (As a Force Ghost) Worry, do not. One with the force, I am-Ooh! (laughs)
- Yoda and his opponent are the ninth and tenth non-Marvel Disney characters to appear, after Boba Fett, Luke Skywalker, Goliath, Darth Vader, Scrooge McDuck, Sora, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jake Long.
- Yoda is the twelfth combatant who has been confirmed to appear before their episode got revealed, after Toph Beifong, Bayonetta, Smokey Bear, McGruff the Crime Dog, Miles Morales, Sindel, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Danny Phantom, Beerus, Winter Soldier and Crona, and with the next five being Ryūko Matoi, Doctor Doom, Mikasa Ackerman, Steven Universe and Cloud Strife.
- Yoda and his opponent were originally believed to be banned from Death Battle due to the DEATH BATTLE Cast episode "Banned from DEATH BATTLE". However, Ben would eventually confirm on Twitter that he was joking (in a similar vein to how he joked about Sasuke being banned) and clarified that the ban was not legit.
- Yoda is the sixth character to become a spirit after losing, after Starscream, M. Bison, Lobo, Jake Long and Venom.
- He's the first to not have his spirit captured or devoured.