|Death Battle Combatant|
The Ancient Maverick Hunter
|Origin|| Mega Man X|
|Appearance(s)||Metal Sonic VS Zero|
|“||Even if we Reploids are destined to join the scrap heap when that evolutionary step does come about...We still have to fight...Not only against Mavericks, but against our own destiny as well.||„|
Zero is one of the main protagonists of the Mega Man X series. He appeared in the 79th episode of DEATH BATTLE!, Metal Sonic VS Zero, where he fought against Metal Sonic from the Sonic the Hedgehog series.
Zero was created by the late Dr. Wily to be his ultimate creation, surpassing both Bass and Mega Man. However, Zero had an error in his programming, making him violent and unwilling to obey orders, so he and the Maverick Virus, an advanced version of Roboenza, were sealed away by Wily in a capsule. Decades later, a group of Reploids would find Wily's lair and free Zero, only for him to destroy them and everyone who would dare to enter Wily's secret hideout. It took Sigma, who got infected with the virus during their battle, to destroy Zero's gem on his head and some reparations from Dr. Cain for Zero to finally join the Maverick Hunters.
DEATH BATTLE! Info
- Height: 5'6" | 168 cm
- Built to destroy Mega Man
- Special 0 Unit Maverick Hunter
- Veteran from the Elf Wars
- Active for over 300 years
- Eventually became armor for a teenage boy
- Proto form
- Black Zero
- Power increased 100%
- Speed increased x4
- Resistant to fire
- Absolute Zero
- Flight, claws
- Power increased 100%
- Speed increased 50%
- Resistant to water
- Stronger and faster than Mega Man
- Can withstand 60,000 tons
- Can counter Quick Man speeds
- Defeated dozens of Mavericks
- Lasted over 300 years
- Dodged Optic Sunflower's laser
- Survived destruction of Eurasia colony
- Defeated Sigma, Vile, Copy X, Omega
One Minute Melee
Zero appeared in Season 1 of One Minute Melee, where he fought against Meta Knight from the Kirby series and won. He also made a cameo in a test tube in the background of M. Bison VS God Rugal.
He reappeared in Season 6, where he fought against Noctis Lucis Caelum from the Final Fantasy series and lost.
Zero appeared in Season 2 of DBX, where he fought Strider Hiryu from the Strider series and won.
- Zero is the 16th Capcom character to appear, after Akuma, Mike Haggar, Zangief, Felicia, Chun-Li, Dr. Wily, Blanka, M. Bison, Strider Hiryu, Ryu, Dan Hibiki, Mega Man, Dante, Cammy White and Ken Masters, and with the next nine being Balrog, Vergil, Leon S. Kennedy, Frank West, Sigma, Mega Man X, Mega Man Volnutt, MegaMan.EXE and Star Force Mega Man.
- He is the sixth Capcom character to win, after Akuma, Zangief, Blanka, Strider Hiryu and Dante, and with the next three being Leon S. Kennedy, Ryu and MegaMan.EXE.
- Zero is the third Mega Man character to appear, after Dr. Wily and Mega Man, and with the next five being Sigma, Mega Man X, Mega Man Volnutt, MegaMan.EXE and Star Force Mega Man.
- Zero is the sixth combatant to fight against a returning character, after Zitz, Captain America, Agumon, Mewtwo and Pinkie Pie, and with the next 15 being Thor, Wonder Woman, Black Panther, Jin Kazama, Mega Man X, Mega Man Volnutt, MegaMan.EXE, Star Force Mega Man, Shazam, Akane Yashiro, Dracula, The Mask, Leonardo, Red Ranger and She-Ra.
- Zero is the eleventh combatant to return in One Minute Melee, after Akuma, Bowser, Mecha Sonic, Batman, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sephiroth, Vergil, Vegeta, Mewtwo and Link, and with the next six being Terry Bogard, Ken Masters, Ryu, Sasuke Uchiha, Genos and Kakashi Hatake.
- Zero is the third combatant to win a DEATH BATTLE!, One Minute Melee and DBX, after Roronoa Zoro and Raiden, and with the next two being Akuma and Vegeta.
- He is, however, the only one that also has a loss.
- Zero is the first winner to defeat another one in DBX, with the next six being Samus Aran, Ryu, Scorpion, King Dedede, Spawn and Iron Man.
- Zero alongside his opponent, Metal Sonic, are (so far) the only combatants to have 2D Sprites and 3D Models in the same Battle.